Thread: rheumy says there is no link between titer and severity.

Thanks

Default rheumy says there is no link between titer and severity.

so the rheumy said there is no such thing as a 1:800 and ANA numbers whether high or low are not significant. I dont get it. I know titers for other tests are indicitive of severity. anyways mine was really 1:320 my other doctor was mistaken. the rheumy also said that my comprehensive ANA panel was normal. he ordered a bunch of other tests that will confirm the "rheuatological insignificance of the ANA". wierd cuz I wake up every morning with my nose and cheeks bright red, the sun makes me very weak like my brain cant communicate with my legs and I get body migraine type pain, swollen feet and hands with bone pain, but neurologically I have something else that the rheumy agrees is its own entity. i think what ever it is, it might have crossed over the central nervous cuz one of my eyes keep bluring. I am pretty sure at least the tests say it is not ms. I think it is CIDP.

Thanks

Hi Ricketyrose,
    I went through all of those questions, too - for two years or so. I had one rheumy who also kept saying that my "numbers" were insignificant, so he refused to treat me for the very real pain that I was feeling. The next rheumy that I found told me this:
    I was a little bit positive to four things - Lupus, RA, Sjogren's and psoriasis. She said that although the numbers weren't high enough to treat for any one thing, when you add all of the four together and consider the cumulative pain, it justified treatment.
    Hang in there, and keep looking until you find the right doc and the right answers.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just went to a new dr. he said my numbers were right for lupus but could be a mild case if he went back to first blood test. my test last time were normal. he did however say he i have 12 out of 18 markers for fibro. and that i had osteoarthritis in my shoulders, back and hips and thats were the other pain i have was coming from. when you go back remind the dr. that the test constantly change depending on flares and other things. but it sounds to me that you have the markers for lupus. just try and hang in there and remind him they practice med. there not gods.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

PLEASE go and get an eye exam ASAP. If you are having blurred vision, that can lead to other things and damage to your eyes. I also have "curtains"and "floaters" so i get an eye exam on a regular basis because these things can be your body telling you somethings wrong. GOOD LUCKXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette