Thread: feeling much worse when I work

Thanks

Default feeling much worse when I work

As you know, I was on vacation, for two weeks and felt pretty good, except for three days. Yesterday I went back to work and today I am in much more pain. My joints, my back and my muscles hurt real bad. My job is very physical and when I am at home, I can take it easy. I feel that at work I am abusing my body. I would like to find a different job, but with the brain fog it's really hard to learn something new. I wonder it this would be enough reason to apply for disability? Does anybody have an idea?

Debbie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I am on full disability, have been since 2004. I could no longer work as I could not do the physical part of my job, and with the brain fog, I could not do the technical aspects either. I knew that I could not learn a new trade, and my flares would keep me from holding down any kind of regular work. I worked around firearms, and machinery in the shop, and I had become a safety hazard as well. They were all good reasons to apply for disability.

If you think you are too disabled to work (it sounds like you are), then definitely apply. I cannot imagine how sick I would be if I was still trying to work. Disability is there for people who need it. We paid into the system, and Lupus is a legitimate reason to apply.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 10-22-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too am on full disability since my first back surgery and now with having two autoimmune dieases it is for sure. I was a nurses aide in a nursing home for 21 years and got hurt on the job and had to get a lawyer to fight for my retirement because they tried to humiliate me into quitting before i could retire. And because of my age 58 and i did not have a high school diploma they really could not train me for much else . Bonita you really have to be your own advocate. Bonita

Thanks

Thank you Rob and Bonita, for your answers. I can barely make it through my shift, but then on the way home in the car, I just want to cry, because I am in so much pain. Yes I do work for a paycheck and benefits, but it also seems, like I am working to get pain. That can not go on for ever. I am sitting here already in pain and in 30 minutes I have to go to work, I don't even want to think about how much worse it's going to get, once I am at work.
    I think I am going to talk to my new rheumy about it, maybe not on my first visit.

Debbie

Thanks

Do you work under flourescent lights?
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfal View Post
    Do you work under flourescent lights?
    Yes I do, but I also have to lift heavy objects and move real fast. I think it's the combination of all of the above, that gives me this incredible pain. But you know, I have never thought about the flourescent lights at work.

Debbie

Thanks

AWWWW Debbie, im sorry sweetie! You sound just like me. I had to quit working ( i was a personal trainer) as well because i COULD NOT keep up with the obvious physial part of my job. I was also having trouble putting together new fitness plans for my clients,focusing on their sessions and worst of all i was getting weaker and weaker and some of my clients NEEDED my help lifting certain amounts of weight (also not good on the joints! UGH). Carl and i JUST recently started the process for disability, remeber to have patience though, the lawyer we talked to said the NORM is it can take up to 3 times of them rejecting you BEFORE they FINALLY say OK. They THINK they are weeding out the LIARS BUT, as we all know, there are the LIARS out there getting what they DONT DESERVE. BOOOOO to them!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Jeannette,

You are so right, the people who don't need it, get it before we do. They know how to play the system. I hope things will work in your favour soon. I will talk to my new rheumy and see what he has to say. I like working, but at this rate, I will do more damage, than good.
    We have a guy that comes in at work, who uses a cane, but you can tell, that he doesn't need it, because he walkes so fast, and does not need the cane for support. He told me that he was in an accident and is awaiting a large settlement. It just makes me sick, because it looks like there is nothing wrong with him.

Well good luck to you, I hope it goes real fast.

Debbie

Thanks

Isnt THAT the truth Debbie huh! THEY DO know HOW to WORK the SYSTEM! SICK HUH! They are profesional ! So SAD for us who DESERVE and actually NEED it. Im going to light a FIRE to THEIR voo doo dolls tonight! LOL If that only truely WORKED! HA HA HA! MY EVIL SHALL BE RELEASED THIS HALLOWEEN! Just kidding! As if you didnt KNOW that right! HMMMMMM, im wondering if i've been on here too long cuz im starting to feel a little LOOPIE!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette