Thread: Another Newbie

Thanks

Default Another Newbie

Hi, This is always the tuff part of joining a group, board or other social network. Introducing yourself.... I was diagnosed with Lupus and Fibro almost a year ago. I finally put up a post of my own here yesterday and decided i better come introduce myself and be social. While i am sad to have recieved my diagnosis, in some ways it was definatly a relief. When your 39 and dont have energy to get out of bed after 8-10 hours of sleep there is something wrong. I just keep trucking along, doing what i can to keep myself comfy without the use of alot of meds. I am very interested in alternative therapies, especially accupuncture if anyone one has any info to share.
    I guess thats it for now, thank you for letting me join your group
    Lupus and Fibro/fall 2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Denise
    Sorry to hear your diagnosis but knowing is half the battle. I do understand about being tired...I have my days...but trust when I am feeling good...I live/act like I don't have Lupus with the exception of taking my meds. I recently started taking Yoga and i have to say it has helped with feeling better. Not so much while doing it...but right after I walk as fast as everyone else, breath better, feel better. AND it is shaping my body in a positive way. I am terrified of needles (Of all things to be scared of once you get a diagnosis like Lupus...monthly blood work) So I don't think i would ever do acupunture. I have changed my diet to fresh/raw more than cooked and fatty/salty

Welcome again!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi denise, welcome to our group. I am glad that you decided to share your story. Yes, it is an especially sad occassion when you have to join a support group. But, I promise you, that you will be to glad that you joined. This is such a special family, and we are always here to help each other..................I also have fibro and lupus. I have heard of people getting relief from fibro with accupuncture, but i have never tried it. I have had bad flares after a reiki (sp) treatment, and a gentle arthritis pool exercise class. I can't get the nerve to try another one. I have seen it suggested that you go to a high level accupunturist and to make sure that they understand your illness. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do...............when i was diagnosed i searched for treatment facilities that used alternative treatments, but i really could not find anything. We have several members who use herbs so they will be able to help you with these options............again, welcome to our family.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

AWWWWWW WELCOME DENISE!!!!! IM so happy you are here!!!

Im 37 and i have had Lupus for a little over 3yrs now(my symptoms date as far back as 11yrs ago though) and ive come to learn that THIS disease (along with some "piggy back" diseases) has just ALTERED my lifestyle. Ive had to learn to make changes and adjustments and i do EVERYTHING that is within MY POWER and CONTROL to HELP myself! I HAVE had acupuncture and its GREAT! I would get it MORE often BUT insurance doesnt cover it SO, i get a treatment when i CAN. ITS WONDERFUL! I also eat as organic as i CAN, i stay away from UNNATURAL odors if possible, flourescent bulbs, sunlight and smoke (even smoke from the grill makes me flare),i LISTEN to my BODY and i get to the dr asap, i EXERCISE and STRETCH daily if i CAN, i lift weights (VERY LIGHT though!), i rest when my body says to do so, i TRY to reduce daily stress in my life (LOL,this is a tuffy!) and i tell myself the things i SHOULD to help me to FEEL a bit better if possible! WOO HOO to POSITIVE THINKING!!!! HUGS!XXXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi denise,
    Welcome to WHL!
    Sorry to hear you aren't doing well. I too struggle everyday to get out of bed, sometimes I win, sometimes which lately is more than usual I lose. I am so fatigued lately. Hope you find this site to be helpful for you I know it helps me deal. Take care gentle hugs...
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Thanks

Hi Denise!!
    Welcome to WHL... I am fairly new here too. I am glad you took the time to introduce yourself. The people here are some of the kindest, most genuine you will ever meet.
    I haven't tried any alternative therapies.. but I am interested in how they work out for you. Keep us updated..
    God Bless,
    Deb
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis