Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes, a new rheumy.

Thanks

Default Yes, a new rheumy.

I just got off the phone with my new rheumy office, I have got an appointment on Nov. 11, at 1.00 PM. I am so excited, because it has been a long time since I have seen a rheumy and I thought it would take months until I get in. Now I cross my fingers, that he is a good one. Because the two last ones sucked.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh debbie, november 11 isn't too far away........hooray and i too hope he is wonderful. Make your list, get someone to go with you, and keep positive thoughts that the dr. will be a perfect match. Good luck, and don't forget to tell us about your appointment.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    oh debbie, november 11 isn't too far away........hooray and i too hope he is wonderful. Make your list, get someone to go with you, and keep positive thoughts that the dr. will be a perfect match. Good luck, and don't forget to tell us about your appointment.
    I have already started a list, to make sure, that I don't forget anything.
    He was rated, on a website and had 5 out of 5 stars, so I think he must be pretty good. I'll let you know, how it went.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie that is great news!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

WOO HOO Debbie!!!!!! I HOPE its a GOOD ONE TOO!!! They are far and few between huh!!! GOOD LUCK when the date is here!!!! LET US KNOW!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Ok my friends,

Here it goes. I went to see my new rheumy today and I am very satisfied with him, so far. I was with him for 1 hour 40 min, the longest time I have ever spent with a doctor.
    He asked me alot of questions, he actually examined me from head to toe. He ordered bloodwork, but said we won't worry about the ANA, because we already know, that I have lupus and RA. It seems that he feels that if some vitamin levels are low, that will make a lupus patient feel much worse. He told me that he has gotten my medical report from my former rheumy, we found out, that this guy never told me that my liver enzymes where way off. That could mean that the lupus is attacking my liver. I am so mad at this jerk. After the blood test we will know more, hopefully.
    He put me back on plaquanil, Relafen and he gave me a steroid shot.
    He seems to be very good and easy to talk to.
    I have to go back on Dec. 22.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Debbie,

Wow! He sounds wonderful! I don't think I have ever been with a doctor that long and not had surgery during that time. I am so glad to hear that he is giving you the care and attention you deserve.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh debbie, what wonderful news. Your new dr. sounds great, and he obviously cares enough to stay with you for that long of a visit. My dr. has also given me steroid shots twice when my flare was so bad that i had become unfunctional. They really work. Will he call with your lab results, or do you go back to see him.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindreamer View Post
    oh debbie, what wonderful news. Your new dr. sounds great, and he obviously cares enough to stay with you for that long of a visit. My dr. has also given me steroid shots twice when my flare was so bad that i had become unfunctional. They really work. Will he call with your lab results, or do you go back to see him.
    Hello my dear friend,

Thank you for telling that those shots really help. Now I am worried about my liver and so is he.
    I have to wait until monday to get my blood drawn, he didn't want the steriod shot to throw off the result. Plus here in NY they don't take your blood at the doctors office, you have to go to a lab, that is really annoying. I was used to Dallas docs, who draw blood right then and there.
    He does seem to care. When I think about the other rheumy, the first time I saw him, he was ready to hand me a prescription for antidepression meds and send me on my way. But I told him that I am not depressed, but in alot of pain, all he did then was roll his eyes. What a jerk.

Debbie

Thanks

Wow, Debbie, you've certainly found yourself a diamond of a doc! I am so glad that he was thorough and discussed your prior labs with you. Try not to worry about the unknown (easier said than done, I know) and let us know when you hear back about the the labs you're having drawn on Monday.