Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Saysusie on Vacation 'til November 8th

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mountaindreamer;
    Yes, do contact them. You'd be surprised what they are willing to do for you. I had thyroid cancer surgery and had to go on an iodine-free diet for 6 weeks each year. One of our cruises was scheduled during that six week period.
    This is a very difficult diet because there is iodine in almost everything that we eat! However, I found a diet book with recipes online. I sent a copy of the recipes to the cruise line several weeks before our departure with an explanation. During that entire cruise, the chef prepared special meals for me for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At one point, he came out to our table to ask how I had been enjoying the meals (he did a fabulous job, all of his preparations were delicious!). He said that he really enjoyed the challenge of inventing meals that were good tasting and had a good presentation and he loved being able to surprise me at each meal! He even figured out how to make some wonderful tasting iodine-free deserts.
    The other members at our table even started getting jealous of some of my meals (in jest, of course). I was so impressed that they went through all of this trouble to make sure that I enjoyed wonderful cuisine like everyone else.
    Anyway...they will accommodate you in any way they can. Just ask!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    SandyR: We were on Princess cruise line for this trip. My most recommended cruise lines are as follows, in favorite order : 1) Royal Caribbean 2) Princess 3) NCL-Norwegian Cruise Line

We've had bad experiences with Carnival and Celebrity.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    I've only tried Royal, but with the way they treated me, I think I would feel disloyal trying anyone else. I'm told I've been spoiled for all other cruiselines.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I truly understand. They have a brand new ship "Oaisis of the Seas" that has an area where you can actually surf! It is huge. There is even a bigger ship (over 6k passengers) set to be launched in 2010.
    I'm with you, it is my favorite cruise line!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I saw a preview of that on the boat I was on, and funny you should mention it now b/c I also just got an email about it too. I wish I could book it right now!!!!!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks saysusie,

I have already put a call in to the travel agent....i feel much better about the trip. I was really worried about special accommadations, but not any longer. thanks again.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

SandyR; I'm with you! I mentioned the new ship to my husband and he gave me that "Are You Out Of Your Mind..We Just Got Off Of A Ship!" look
    Guess I better wait a couple of years!!

Mountaindreamer: I hope that you have a fabulous cruise! And never be afraid to ask..,you will often be surprised at how many times you hear "yes"

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie