Thread: DISCOID LUPUS HELP

Thanks

Default DISCOID LUPUS HELP

HI,I AM A NEW MEMBER AND I'VE HAD DISCOID LUPUS SINCE 92.I'M 49 YEARS OLD,MARRIED WITH TWO GROWN CHILDERN. OK,THATS ENUOGH ABOUT THAT FOR NOW.MY SKIN IS GETTING WORSE THIS YEAR EVEN IN THE WINTER MONTHS,CAN'T PIN POINT WHY. WOULD LIKE TO FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS DISCOID LUPUS. I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS FROM MY CHILDHOOD (RURAL TOWN)THAT HAS SLE DO YOU THINK THERE IS OR COULD BE CONNECTION FROM OUR SURROUNDINGS?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rita; From everything that I have read, there is no link between geographic areas and lupus and it is unknown if Lupus can be linked to pollution, environmental factors or toxic chemicals. The exact cause of Lupus is unknown and it is likely to be due to a combination of factors such as: a person's genetic make-up and exposure to certain unknown triggers may provide the right environment fo Lupus to develop. Doctor's susptect that people develop something from their parents that predisposes them to develop lupus. However, there are no genetic tests to determine who is and who is not susceptible.
    Several things can trigger the onset of Lupus or cause Lupus to flare. Trigger factors include: Ultra-violet light/Certain prescription drugs/Infection/Certain anti-biotics/hormones. Additionally, there is evidence that stress can trigger Lupus and cause a flare.
    Treatments for Discoid Lupus can include corticosteroid creams or ointments for the rash/lesions. If the rash/lesion doesn't respond to those treatments, doctors may prescribe injections of corticosteroids directly into the lesion or give oral corticosteroid medication. Sun screen is important as well as avoidance of ultraviolet light.
    Hope that I have answered some of your questions. Let me know if you need anything more.
    Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Having BOTH SLE and DOSCOPID lupus hopefully I can help out here a bit. I use both DIPROLENE AND SILVEDENE for leasions that have already started. The SILVADENE seems better beacuse it also is a topolical bacteria killer as well as a treatment for your leasions. Also try to stay out of the light and keep you hand mositurised as much as possible. Use something GOOD like PURPOSE or try wehat I do I actually use what the use on horses hooves BAGBALM or CORNHUSKERS lotion. Try smearing as mch as possible on your hands and the put ona paor of LATEX gloves for a few hours...that will certainly put some moisture back into your hands and keep them from allowing the leasion to grow and keep geeting hard and scally.I hope this helps a bit

stjames

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

St. James;
    that was good advice about the horse hoof cream and the gloves. I am going to try that myself!!!

Saysusie