Thread: med for head ache

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default med for head ache

hi everyone, i thought i would tell you about a new med that i tried this weekend. I have been in a flare for about 2 weeks now, but i was able to keep going. On Friday morning, I woke with the worst head ache that i have ever experienced. I felt like the top of my head was going to explode, it was so bad that i thought about going to ER. I called my dr., and she prescribed Sumatriptan Succinate (100 mg). She said if my headach did not get better that i was to go to ER. I took meds friday night, and woke up saturday morning feeling better. I could not believe how well this medication worked. Anyway, i thought i would share this with all of you that struggle with bad head aches.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you for that information and I am glad that it is working for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks saysusie, I have seen so many members discuss headaches, so i thought i would share something that worked for me. Hope you are feeling good, and are recovering from your recent productions.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I'm glad to hear that the medicine works well for you. Headaches can knock you off your feet, quick. The doctor gives me a generic for imitrex that sounds a lot like that. They won't let me have it easily because it doesn't cure anything but only masks it. They are afraid that I will use it when I should be letting them know any new symptoms. They are right in a way, I will try anything to be able to keep my job. I don't love my job, but that job allows me to keep my horses and they are the main reason I get up in the morning.

Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation, mountaindreamer! Over the past three months, I've had more headaches than I've had in the past 10 years. I had migraines starting at 13. These aren't migraines, just nasty, stabbing pain over the right eye. I have wondered if it's a side effect of my meds; related to SLE; or who knows??

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh, sugarfoot, so cool that you have horses. They are such beautiful animals, i wish i was more comfortable around them....................Bonusmom, I was quite amazed at how well they worked for me. My headache was of pressure that felt like it was pushing the top of my scalp off.....it was horrible. If you try it, i hope this med works as well for you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today