Thread: FYI strong deja vu and nasea afterward = petite mal seizure

Thanks

Default FYI strong deja vu and nasea afterward = petite mal seizure

at the onset of puberty I had episode after episode of strong dejavu like where I would see nothing else but a dream I had had and then it would end and it would trigger a gag reflex and then after I couldnt remember what was so familiar about it. I happen to have one during a brain scan and it revealed that it was a mild seizure. it stopped after two years . was that a flare up?cool thing about the internet is now I cross refernced petite mal seizures and de ja vu and have found others who describe this experience verbatum. I just thought I would share this because if anyone out there is experiencing this they are not alone.

puberty was rough I had that and extreme emotional lability so I am sure everyone thought I was nuts. I couldnt control laughter or crying. really badmentral pain. Its funny that I am only barely possitive ANA but I think my body has hated becoming a women since the get go in reference to hormones that is.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've heard of that connection of deja vu to petite mal seizures. I'm glad that you are doing research and that you are learning as much as you can.
    Thank you for posting this information.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hmmmmm sounds soo familier i have tons of deja vu as well of moments of complete blankness! i have had a mri at begingi of year which came up with little white spots which my remu says she wasn't sure if it was just blip that day or something soo new it was hard to tell then in june when i went back she fobbed it off saying i seemed fine from the 5 min she saw me!! so was wondering is this something i should mention at my next appointment in 2 weeks?

Thanks

This is crazy...my husband and I were just talking about this. I have epilepsy, and it's been a while since I've had a grand mal seizure...almost two years. I do still have many seizures in my sleep, especially if I'm really tired. Well, lately I've been having these weird experiences that I call "spacing out". My husband used to think I was just ignoring him because I would just stare off into space, and then in a few seconds, or may a minute, I'd be fine, but would then get a gradual headache. I didn't think I was having a seizure, tho my husband did. It was so quick tho that I just "knew" I couldn't possibly be having a seizure. He's only noticed this happening to me when I have a fever. I have the flu right now, so it's happening quite a bit right now. I do have a question if anyone can answer it. I get these feelings like I'm about to have a seizure at times, kinda like the "aura" thing, but it never goes that far. I kinda feel this full body jerk that starts in my shoulders and tends to go down my body. It happens mostly when I'm really tired or sick, but it doesn't really bother me, it's just embarrassing. I was wondering if this could be a type of seizure. If it is, I may need to consider not driving again for a while. (I was cleared by the doctor last year after a year with no seizures) I don't lose consciousness (that I know of) and it's usually only at night when I'm either staying up late to study or watch tv or something or when I'm trying to relax sitting or laying. any ideas???

oh and thanks for this info. It's very interesting. I'll have to discuss this with my husband tonight when he gets home from work! Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks

weird when I get sick with a high fever I descibe it like my brain hemispheres are like two magnets of like polerity repelling each other. i know how crazy that sounds just so you know. but it also cause a weird feeling in the back of my throat. I think the brain must swell or something during illness it kind feels like that.

btw I am glad that my post had some familiarity. like I said try cross referencing and googling key words for instance I did "de ja vu" and "petite mal siezures" and I found other peoples posts that were verbatem to what I was feeling. its interesting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have PM siezures (its called something else nowadays) but thankfully mine are not epileptic siezures. I was in the epileptic center for a week sometime in june because they were so bad. Turns out my siezures were called PNES siezures and were invoked by medical staff (I had been through some pretty traumatizing events at the hospital I had my surgery in with its stupid ER so my brain decided to just shut down in defense)
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/