Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pnuemonia Sucks!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Post Pnuemonia Sucks!

Well I started out having a good week! Then my hubby and I went steelhead fishing with my dad. 1st night out on the boat, I started getting a sore throat. Then I got post nasal drip and a dry cough the next day. Friday my cough changed into a really wet cough and my chest got tight. my chest was raspy, then I started wheezing. So it was off to ER last night. They gave me a breathing treatment. Didn't help at all! Then they took chest x rays. Told me I have pneumonia, which is what I was afraid of and why I went to the ER in the first place. They started me on Levaquin 750 mg by IV, and gave me a solumedrol inj. by IV, and 3 more breathing treatments. They were going to admit me to the hospital, but I told them I would rest better at home, and that I have a nebulizer at home anyway. So they sent me home about 1 am this morning. I am feeling better today! They put me on Levaquin, breathing treatments every 4 hrs. and a Prednisone taper starting at 60 mg... YIKES! 60 for 3 days 40 for 3 days 20 for 3 days and then back to my regular dose of 10 mg. Hopefully I can avoid getting pleurisy again. The last time I had pneumonia I got pleurisy with it, and the pleurisy lasted 21 months. NOT FUN!!! so hopefully I can avoid that because of the predinsone. The doctor said the prednisone shouldn't let the inflammation into my lungs so therefore no pleurisy HOPEFULLY!

Hope everyone is doing ok! Hang in there all!

Thanks

I hope you feel better soon.. stay on your meds and get plenty of rest ;0 We will all be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery, love..

Thanks

Hi smokerscat94,
    Sorry to hear you are so sick, I am praying you recover quickly!!!
    Take it easy,
    Deb
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default thanks!

thanks to all of you for caring so much. I am sooo miserable! I am starting to feel a little better though. I am taking my meds on perfect schedules! VIGILANTLY! and getting pletty of rest and fluids.

thanks again for caring!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Sorry you have been so sick and i hope your breathing gets better every day.It will take time,so rest until then.

Thinking of you.
    Love Amanda.xx

p.s Your cat looks like my Oliver.x
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi smokerscat94, i hope you are feeling better today. Thank goodness you went to the ER and got some quick help. Sorry about the steroids, but if they prevent pleurisy, then that will be great. Take care, get lots of rest,
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry to hear you have pneumonia. Get well soon. Take care.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad to hear that you are being vigilante about taking your meds. Take care of yourself and continue to rest and drink plenty of fluids.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default getting better slowly

I see my primary docotor today, so hopefully my chest is clearing up. I feel a little better every day. Thank to all of you for caring...

Thanks

AWWWWW, THINKING OF YOU! Hope todays a BETTER DAY for you! PLEASE GET WELL!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette