Thread: good news and bad

Thanks

Smile good news and bad

well the good news had my first weigh in at weight watchers and have lost 2.8 kilos am very happy. and my pain had been minimal during the week the mexotrexate had finally began to work its wonders. now for the bad woke up this morning and i can hardly move the pain in my knees is severe andmy hips and hands feet and neck and have terrible headache. have a question can menstruating cause these problems as i am only menstruating every 2months at the moment or could it be that i have dropped my prednisone down to low i have gone from 10mg to 5mg on rhuemi advice also am stressed over mikaela being ill could these things flare my lupus. also am going for swine flu vaccination tommorrow. and have one last question should people with lupus use hair dyes as i feel like crap right now and people keep on commenting on how old i look i am only 44 and my husband is 59 but i have had comments that i look much older than him i would like to colour my hair as i nearly all grey now but i am frightened this will affect my lupus. please don.t think thats its because i am vain i just think it would give me a boost and i am sick of feeling like crap. well thanks for listening and i would appreciate any answers you could give me love hugs kim l

Thanks

So sorry that you're in pain today.

I am the same age as you and my doctor thinks I'm starting perimenopause as my cycle has been changing for the last few months.

As to hair dye, I don't think it'll hurt you (affect your lupus symptoms) in the least. I have noticed when I get my highlights done, they don't last as long as they did prior to my diagnosis, but that could be due to a new stylist.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi kim, everything that you mentioned can affect our lupus flares. Even though i am on mtx, sometimes i have really bad flares. My dr. said the mtx can slow the progression of the lupus, but does not completely stop it. I have not had a menstral cycle for over 20 years now, but i have read several threads here where people find a cycle with lupus flares and mentral cycles. BE CAREFUL with swine flue vaccine. Since you are on mtx, you can not take the live virus....this is the vaccine that is given with nose spray. Make sure that you get only the dead virus (the injection). I don't put permanent dyes on my hair, but i do use a rinse that covers the gray but does not have the harmfull permanent dyes in it. This is not vain, lupus has aged me as well, and anything that we can do to feel better is ok.....After seeing recent pictures of myself, i have determined that i will NOT take any more pictures.....i don't need the visible reminder of how much i have changed.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

great job with Wk1! keep it up you are doing wonderfully!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Smile

thankyou phyllis it will make me feel better and i am only getting the injection i am still experiencing stomach cramps and frequent visits to the toilet after taking both the mexotrexate and the folic acid i am having to take tablkets to stop this as well as nausea tablets. also thankyou sandy for your support with my weight loss its good to have friends supporting you it is hard to do by yourself . also thankyou to bonus mum for your kind words and advice. i appreciate all of you helping me i only wished i lived closer so i could give you all a big hug kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kim,l View Post
    its good to have friends supporting you it is hard to do by yourself .
    I feel that same way!!!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.