Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sick & unhappy about it

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default sick & unhappy about it

Every October I seem to ring in the fall with a sinus infection. I thought I had it beat this year since I was so careful to rest and drink fluids and wash, wash, wash to the point of seeming OCD. I was doing great until last Sunday when I took my cousin's 2 year for a walk and when we got back his little nose started gushing snots. I washed immediately and again when I got home and popped some zinc, but his little 2 year old germs are kicking my butt. I called the doc on Tues and he got me in on Weds and Thurs I felt GREAT but today I woke up and sound so stuffy and am horribly congested and tired. Been working from home today and slept in and took my meds and drinking up on fluids but I am not happy about this. I should be walking puppies right now and had plans to go for drinks with some friends from my old job tonight. My mom is sick too. We were supposed to go to the cemetary tomorrow to visit my grandma before my mom moves but with this horrible NE'r we've got ontop of our sinus infections, we opted out of that. I am supposed to go to a bday party tomorrow night and the game on Sunday but right now I am feeling like I will be lucky to get to the laundrymat. I am NOT happy about this. Why can't I be sick on a weekend where I don't have plans?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Sorry you're under the weather, Sandy. It's especially a bummer when you've got plans. Darn ol' Murphy's Law is making its presence known. I know you're not feeling real optomistic right now, but maybe the meds will have kicked in by tomorrow and you'll feel well enough to do some of things that you had planned to do. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Sandy:

This is so typical of those of us with lupus. We constantly have to change our plans to accommodate not only the lupus, but our compromised immune systems. It is very frustrating. All I can say is get well soon.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Sinus infections suck big time. How are you feeling today Sandy?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hope you feel etter soon. Love bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hay hun hope you feeling better soon babe x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks everyone for all the good wishes and concern! I feel much better today. Still a little tired, but I have my voice back and now am dealing with blowing my nose every few minutes. I am keeping it easy today and then going to the party tonight and the game tomorrow. I refuse to let this stop me and if I am not knocked off my feet, I will keep going. I hope you are all doing well today too.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sandy, so glad you are feeling better. how was the game?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

horrible. we lost to the Bills and wrapped the game up with bows like the biggest Christmas present ever. We should have won. And it was an OT loss AND it was freezing AND there was no good reason why we loss exept that our QB has suddenly gotten a severe case of the jitters. Ok, enough complaining. how was your weekend?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh no, what a miserable day. I have sat through many football games to watch our team just fall apart. But, a loss in OT (as painful as it is), must have been a pretty exciting game. I follow college football, and am an avid Bama fan. I have watched winning teams on the field, and have watched a team that never showed up. I remember sitting in the stands while a tornado went overhead.....the crazy football crowd cheered as it passed.....now that should go on my list of "stupid things i have done"...........hope you are having a good week.
    Phyllis

share a smile today