Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confusion

Thanks

Default Confusion

My friend thinks that I need to tell my doctor that I've been really confused lately. Like I keep getting my right and left confused. I really have to think about it or I think my right is my left and my left is my right. And Im having trouble staying focused when Im trying to read things. And yet I have like 4 songs playing in my head all the time that I havent heard in years. And I just kind of have a headache lol I dont know if I should be more concerned. Thoughts?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

It sounds like a case of Cognitive Dysfunction (brain fog). I have it most days. And it's odd, like you, I also get songs or lines of poetry that seem to play in my mind like a broken record alot. I forget or mix up very simple things like left/right, I get lost in a town that I have lived in for years, and I even forget how to shift the pickup truck I've been driving for twenty plus years now. The best way I can describe it is a lack of mental focus.

Bottom line, brain fog is a very common symptom caused by Lupus. If it concerns you, and is giving you problems, definitely tell your Dr. about it.

Rob

Thanks

Hey Rizbit...Like Rob...I also have days that I have right/left problems and other like how to cook or turn on the oven...etc...Brain Fog...you might want to tell the doc just so he is on top of it...
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I just went to my doctor like a week ago though. It started a few days after I left so I dont want to already be calling up there about something. I dunno. Its just bothersome

Thanks

Don't worry about bothering the Doctor...that's what he is there for...He gets the big bucks so make him earn it...
    I have a tendency to feel bad about calling but if it is concerning you, then call and get it checked out....
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.......Robert Frost

Thanks

I dunno. Its only really a problem when Im driving. becuz when someone says get in the right lane or turn left and you do the wrong way its kinda a problem

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ribitz,
    that's really a big kind of problem. You're no longer talking about something that affects just you, but everyone in the car or around your car at the time you are driving.

sick_n_tired is right, it's the doctor's job to be there when you need them and that's what they get paid the big bucks to do. Just call, you'll feel better once you do.

BTW- I also get the music earworm thing going on too when I am foggy. Wierd, cause I always just thought it was me being weird.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Provigil kicks ass!
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

Hi Ritzbit,
    It does sound like brain fog.. definately mention it to your doc so that they have an idea as to what is going on. Better to notify them, then to not. Half the time I can barely remember where I left my cell phone; most of time it's in the pantry and one time in the trash bin! Good luck..

Jennifer

Thanks

I dunno. I think it might just go away. It hasnt been as bad the past few days.