Thread: Pressure in head/CNS Lupus??

Thanks

Question Pressure in head/CNS Lupus??

ok. I had 2 seizures at age 15 with 2 yrs treatment with carbatrol and haven't had any since. I wasn't diagnosed until earlier this year but started having major probs sept of 08 however this does not include the seizures etc. Can you have vasculitis one time and then it go away? I was never tested for lupus then because I didn't show signs of psychosis my neuro said. I have had abnormal EEGs since then however. I do get headaches now and like the one I have at the moment is alot of pressure and makes me feel very "out there" and almost floaty feeling. I tend to stare off a lot and cant concentrate. Can this be CNS involvement or what? My drs and I are still trying to put the pieces together. The only thing the MRI and CT showed were mild mastoiditis. Anyone had these problems? Hope you all are well. -Lupie Britt
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

CNS problems in Lupus can take many forms. The symptoms can be very subtle, such as mild headaches, altered mental activity, fatigue, or depression. They can also be severe, such as seizures or partial paralysis.

The nervous system requires an uninterrupted flow of blood to supply its tissues with oxygen and nutrients necessary for normal functioning. A number of possibilities have been suggested to explain how lupus may cause the many symptoms of nervous system involvement:
    1) Nerve tissue may be damaged when antibodies attack nerve cells or blood vessels.
    2) Nutrients and oxygen are delivered through blood vessels that feed the brain, spinal cord and nerves. If blood flow is slowed or interrupted, the cells of the nervous system are injured, unable to function normally, and symptoms develop.
    3) The symptoms that occur vary depending on the location and extent of the tissue injury.

CNS vasculitis is inflammation of the blood vessels of the brain. It is the most serious form of systemic lupus. CNS vasculitis is characterized by:
    high fevers, seizures, psychosis, meningitis-like stiffness of the neck. These seizures may be a one-time occurrence or a persistent problem.

I hope that I've answered your question. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Sorry u have all this Lupus Junk!! I have CNS Lupus on and off several times. Mine caused couple lesions on my brain, and I have had migranes! this last one for last 2 or 3 months non stop with zero relieve. I also have some numbness, in face hands ect.. but after taking cellcept couple months that part went away. As for the cerebral pressure, thats what my head feels like with the migranes. I was diagnosed way b4 Lupus with Pseudotumor Cerbri, which just means increased cranial pressure without known cause. I sure help u get relief very soon. hug Kathy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis

Thanks

wierd I posted a thread about seizures and I should have just used it as a reply on this thread. I had seizures in puberty read the thread and see if it sounds familiar. now I get brain fog and a wierd numb pressure around my eyes and forehead and I also get a pressure pain in the back of my head. years ago I have a lession in my cervical spine but my recent mri is clean even though I the test the same time I had that pressure. so If you are experiencing the same pressure just know I had a clean mri so maybe you could too.

btw what were your seizures like grand or pettie. what do you rememeber about the sensation of their occurance.

also to the person who replied above, did they do a w/wo contrast on your mri because if you have lessions in your central nervous system especially your brain then MS should be investigated. my lessions did not contrast with gadollidian and then they did an ms panel lp and a VEP all negative. just curious. I was a possible MSer for about 1 year so I avidly searched for info on it.

Thanks

They didnt use contrast, but my neuro who has always been a butt head! said its not Ms/ I have a sister with MS and a 9 others in family with Lupus. So, who knows. Time wil tel. lol Katy
    Sorry i'm not home pain! and don't leave message I am not calling u back!

Lupus,Fibromyalgia,Hypertension, Sjogrens,Raynauds,

Macular degeneration,Depression,Arthritis