Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad News About Me :(

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Bad News About Me :(

so i've been coughing non stop, and just feeling sick for a week now, so 2 days ago, i went to the ER and they did chest xrays and stuff and it was scary cuz they made everyone in the waiting room sit with masks on and everything. but turns out i have walking pneumonia. which is like regular pneumonia cept i didn't need to be admitted.
    but it just sucks because its a constant annoying cough that just wont go away! i've bruised my ribs from coughing soo much and my jaw actually hurts from coughing so much too!

they started me on antibiotics and they have me taking delsum (spelling?) cough medicine for my coughing....tho it doesn't work!!
    ughhh!
    this is terrible because this is my homecoming week at school!!
    i missed the past two days but i'm going tomorrow... and hopefully nothing bad happens...
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ashley, so sorry to hear aout walking pneumonia. I had it twice when i was in my early 30s and i know it is a pain. the coughing is the worst. i hope the antibiotics start working very quickly so that you can enjoy your homecoming weekend festivities. rest for now, and have a blast this weekend.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ashley;
    I hope that the cough medicine and antibiotics start to make you feel better very soon. Please take care of yourself and try not to do anything that will worsen your pneumonia.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Take care Ashley, I hope you get better soon.

Thanks

So sorry about the pneumonia dx, Ash. I know how important homecoming week is, but remember to rest, drink lots of fluids and take your meds.

Let us know how homecoming was

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I use mucinex when I have a cough (the one with the commercial with the phlegm family) and it works great! Don't forget to rest up and drink your fluids and take your zinc!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ahh hun hope by time you get this message your feeling even just alittle better!! just like every one else said look after your selve go to your homecoming if you can just becareful huge massive gentle hugs H xxx
    ps want to hear all the details of homecoming xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile

Dear Ashley i hope that you are feeling better soon i know that having this on top of all the other stuff is not good but hang in there. Love and prayers Bonita

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Ashley,

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Just be sure to take your meds, and go easy on yourself. I know it sucks having this happen during homecoming, but your health is your first priority. Rest, and get better.

Rob

Thanks

Hi Ashley,
    I hope that you are feeling better today. I used to get walking pneumonia about once a year while I was in high school. Once, the school called an ambulance and had me taken to the hospital for breathing treatments. After I left for college, I no longer got it.
    Now, as an adult who has raised two kids with asthma and five with allergies, I'm wondering if I had undiagnosed allergies/asthma that was triggering the yearly pneumonia?
    I'm telling you this to get you to thinking - do you have any allergies or asthma? Do you always get sick at the same time every year, as I did?
    Just food for thought, my dear.
    Get well soon, and have a great homecoming weekend.
    Hugs,
    Marla