Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things in my Apt. are Falling Apart

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Things in my Apt. are Falling Apart

Hi Everybody:

Looks like everything in my apartment is falling apart at once. The dishwasher, the garbage disposal and the refrigerator. Well I told the apartment manager about the dishwasher. It doesn't get the dishes clean and leaves a horrible film on them, so I have to wash them by hand now. The refrigerator started making a terrible noise like it is going to go out, and the garbage disposal will not dispose of garbage anymore.

I really don't care about the garbage disposal because it is almost easier to just scrap things into the trash bag. Looks like if the refrigerator goes out though I will be without one for awhile. Then when I can afford one, I'll get a second hand one.

My question is "Why does everything have to fall apart at once?'

Blog Entries
    Thanks

do you live in my apt and I don't even know it??? may shower and kitchen sink share a common drain and backed up right now. I have a feeling from experience that it is from my hair going down the drain in the shower. My dehumidifyer broke a week or more ago. Thankfully, it is not as humid right now as it was a few weeks ago, but still, I notice the difference. I am dying to move but am waiting on a friend who said she needs 3 months before moving. I don't really want to have a roommate again, but I know it will save me money and allow me to live in a nicer place.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh my!! Both of you seem to be having difficulties. I know it must be frustrating
    Hope you get things working again and soon!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh my heart goes out to you. I dont know why it all happens at once,but just think when they do get fixed they will last a long while. Ive had it happen to me except with me it was my computer,my radio and my hair straighteners...so strange.Let us know when you get em fixed.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am pretty sure my kitchen sink, the garbage disposal and the dishwasher use the same drain. That may be part of the problem. Eventually things will get fixed or I will be moving.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I feel ya, sistah!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

It's the rule of multitude. Nothing can happen by itself. WHY you ask because that would be to easy. For some reason "the spiritual forces" are improv comedians and we are their props. Hope their act is over soon and they leave you alone and move on to their next routine. Sending you
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I found out that the dishwasher is working o.k. The problem is the calcium in the water where I live. I was told to put a quarter cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle. It seems to help eliminate the calcium film pretty well. It's on everything, but mostly the glasses.

The refrigerator is getting worse though and makes that awful noise more and more. If any of you out there know about refrigeration, let me know what you think? I know you can't diagnose without hearing and seeing the problem, but any ideas that you might have regarding what might be going on would be helpful. Hate to have a repairman come out and pay him and have to junk the refrigerator anyway. Incidentally, the noise seems to be coming from the freezer area. I slam the freezer door and sometimes that stops the noise. The noise is intermittent, but is occurring more and more frequently.

Now the vacuum cleaner is acting up too. I cleaned out the beater bar which was filled with threads of carpet and now it seems to be moving properly and so far, cross my fingers, it hasn't made that terrible noise again it has been making.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I forgot to tell you what's been happening here! Stupid fogs!
    On Saturday I was washing the dishes and stopped to get a tissue for my runny nose. I wanted to get one from my bedroom which meant I would have to walk from the kitchen through the hall which the bathroom is located off of through the livingroom to get there. As I was walking through the hall, my socks started getting squishy and I realized there was a puddle in my hallway! This was right outside the bathroom door so I look in the bathroom and realize that there was also a small lake in my bathroom. This couldn't be good. I grabbed my towel and threw it down to sop up the water and it is IMMEDIATELY soaked so I run out the door to wring it out and realize, a towel isn't going to fix this problem, I need to get my landlord. I should explain here that I have a stall shower with a 3" lip and that was filled with the water backflowing from my kitchen sink usage too. ewwwwwwwwwwwww! The landlord, thankfully, was really cool and calm and collected and was like, "well, it has been a while since we snaked that drain and you've been here 3 years and we haven't done it since so I imagine that is probably what caused all this. Our friend, the plumber, is coming for dinner tonight so I will ask him to bring his snake and see if he can fix it tonight or tomorrow morning." Thankfully, I already had plans to go out of town that night and when I got home on Sunday, the bathroom floor was dry and the clog gone and the shower is working perfectly again. YAY!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well friends, I was going below the kitchen sink to get something out of the cupboard when I noticed there was water down there. I figured that the pipes must be leaking under the sink so I wrote a note to the landlord and the plumber came out, and he said he has to put a new kitchen faucet on the sink. He can't just fix the pipe alone that is leaking. Now I wonder what is going to happen next.

I believe there must be some mischievous force that is causing all these things to happen, along with deferred maintenance in this apartment.

Sorry Sandy that you have been having plumbing problems too. I just had the bathroom faucet and the bathtub faucet replaced. The toilet runs almost constantly, but the landlord won't fix it. I have told her about it several times. Between the noise from the refrigerator and the noise from the toilet, sometimes I feel like I am going crazy!!