Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Fibromialgia pain turned out to be the result of Vit D defficiency

Thanks

Default My Fibromialgia pain turned out to be the result of Vit D defficiency

I can't believe, that I am right again, I can't believe that I suspected first what is wrong with me, before the doctor did! Are all of them so clueless or is it only the doctors that I am seeing?. I diagnosed myslef with lupus, later they agreed with me. Now I was in pain for the last several months that was getting worse. I never experienced such type of pain, so I started suspecting that I am developping fibromialgia. As I wrote in the Fibro vs Lupus pain theme:
    "It was getting worse and worse. A friend of mine has vitamin D defficiency from using too much sunscreen, she started braking bones and that is how it got discovered. I use sunscreen all the time too, because I am very sun sensitvive because of lupus. So I decided to take Vitamin D just in case. I also watched some TV commercial, the guy was saying that fibro and arthritis are due to Vit D defficiency, but it has to be Vit D3. I totally forgot about it, because I don't believe in such commercials, but when I was in the drug store I saw a Vit D3 bottle, I rememberd about the commercial and about my friend and decided to try it. Surprisingly to me only after 2 days after taking it, my fibro(at least I think it is fibro) pain went completely away. My joint pain is still here though, but it is so much tollerable without the other pain. I am going to ask my doctor if he could check my Vid D level. Are you cheking yours? I tryed Vit D before, didn't help me , but Vit D3 did. Has anyone tried too? "

And guess what - today I got my lab test result: Yes, I am Vit D defficient, even though I was already taking the Vit D3 before the test. I need even more Vit D.
    Please, everyone with unexplained musculoskeletal pain, just insist that your doctors do a test for Vit D defficiency. I can not believe my doctor was going to wait until I started braking bones or leaving me to live in pain, just because of ignorance.
    Has anyone else have Vit D defficiency?

Thanks

I am not surprised at all. I am a big proponent of vitamin d and there are many many studies that draw direct correlations between vitamin d deficiency and auto immune disease.

I had very low vitamin d and have been supplementing since May. I go next week to see the results of my blood tests this week (Vit D, Thyroid, ANA, Sed Rate, c-reactive protein, liver enzymes, iron...blah, blah, blah...).

I hope the supplementation helps you feel better!

Thanks

How did you find about your Vit D defficiency? Did you have simptoms? Did they improve after taking the suuplements?

Thanks

I have a very smart doctor and when I went in with tiredness, muslce/joint pain, hairloss, headaches, etc, it was one of the first things he tested.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Wow,well done done you.What has your doctor said he is going to do for you to help?
    xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

dont you just want to jump infront of the doctor and yell "in yo face" like dave chapelle or something. if you find that you are right alot then never ever doubt yourself even if the doctor doubts you. its your life.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My doctor has me taking Vitamin D supplements as part of my regimen for Fibromyalgia. I wonder if every FM sufferer also suffers from Vit D deficiency????

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

My doctor prescribed me Vit D2 50000 IU once a week. I was scared to take such a big dosage all at once, especially after I read the side effects. We discussed it and we ended up agreeing that I am going to take 7000 IU a day Vit D3 for 8 weeks and than I will have my blood tested again.
    How much is your dosage of Vit D? Do you have any side effects?

BTW, I keep improving every day, even though I am still taking just 2000 IU. No more muscle pain, twitcing and cramps, and my headache went away too.

Thanks

Just this week, Dr. Oz had a segment on Vitamin D deficiency--very interesting. It is more common than I thought-even for those without AI disorders.

I've not ever been tested. I do take 2000 i.u. of Vitamin D-3, but avoided the sun when I started getting rashes this past summer.

I guess I should broach the subject with my rheumy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi banderosa, thanks for the info. I too have fibro, and my rheumy has had me on vit.d for some time.....however, she has never said anything about vit.d3. I will surely ask her at next appointment....in the meantime, i think will try the vit.d3....
    Phyllis

share a smile today