Thread: Bruising

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Bruising

I know it's pretty common for us to go through bruising either from the disease or medications. And I've had that. But...now I have a bruise on my tongue and I dont' know if that's something to be concerned about or not. Anyone else get bruises there? I know I have a foggy memory, but I think I'd remember an ouchie like that especially there.

Thanks

Hey abbasgirl

I know that you can bruise a tongue if you have injured it. But if you can't remember biting your tongue, and a bruise has appeared for no reason, it might be wise to see a doctor. I personally have never had a bruised tongue.
    I'm sure some others will be along shortly to share their advice with you. I'm wondering though, if your tongue hurts? If it hurts it may be possible that you have injured it.
    Hope it feels better soon
    Tammy

Thanks

Abbasgirl
    I hope I haven't offended you with that laughing head rolling around on my post. I put in a smiley face, when I posted it, that thing came up instead. These icons are playing games with me.
    Well, enjoy your day.
    Tammy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow well if not an injury maybe a blood thing? Im not sure about this,maybe ask your doctor just to ease your mind.They will know for sure.I know you can get ulcers and stuff,but bruised tongue to me says maybe blood works not right.But im no expert and not sure.Let me know how it gets on and what you do.Hope someone posts and helps you more.xxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

wow. I have had bruises on my hands that keep renewing themselves 3 weeks now. I am on solumedrol is that why. it scares me because just when I think the bruise is heeling it comes back fresh again. no pain though.

btw I think anything as odd as a spontainiously bruising tongue deserves investigation. start with your perscriptions and call the pharmacist for possible side effects. pharmacists are really a good resource . oops I think I will take my own advice.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tamy View Post
    Abbasgirl
    I hope I haven't offended you with that laughing head rolling around on my post. I put in a smiley face, when I posted it, that thing came up instead. These icons are playing games with me.
    Well, enjoy your day.
    Tammy
    Nah... that's happened to me before. No problem. lol.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The bruises never hurt... my pain med will wear off and stilll no pain and I've no clue how it got there. This thing with my tongue is a first.

I told the doc and showed her pics of the bruising that happens every now and then under my right eye, the one that has the bouts of pain the most that seems to spur the migraines...and I shared that with a rheumy too. I just get shoulder shrugs or they'll check blood and nothing comes up.

It's about time to beg for another decadron shot from the pcp so I'll just add it to the list of things to mention again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Abbasgirl -

I was googling bruised tongues for you and a couple of common questions seem to keep popping up with that search. Is your tongue hairy looking too? Do you smoke or are you taking antibiotics or new medicines? Did you burn or bite your tongue recently? Have you had your vitamin B levels checked lately?
    I think you should call your dentist and discuss all this with him/her. They are probably more familiar with tongue discoloration too. It might be a simple solution to fix your problem, like changing your toothbrus, but I don't think you should wait to long.

Good luck!
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.