Thread: Bumps on skin??

Thanks

Default Bumps on skin??

Hello to all,

Just had some some questions for you all. It seems that some of your opinions are much better than talking with a doctor. I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but it would be nice to find a doctor that has dealt with what you are going through.

Have you have had bumps on your arms or legs that are skin color and sometimes peel? These bumps would be the size of a pencil tip. Sometimes itch when they appear.

Have you ever walked into a wal-mart and it seemed like they had a spotlight on you, because the lights were so bright?

Is it posible to have Lupus with just a positive ANA without positve DS DNA?

When you flair, do you always have some kind of joint pain?

When you get Joint pain in your leg or arm, is it usually in both or will it be on just one side?

What percentage of the time that you get pain that you will also have swelling?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer some or all of these questions. I am in the Air Force and since I have found this sight and read some of your stories, it make me very proud to serve and protect each and everyone of you who are fighting Lupus everyday. You are all real heroes! It seems like there would be something we could do to raise money for this disease. We should organize walks like they do for cancer and set them up at local tracks and call it loops for lupus. Thanks again to all of you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cool690_1!
    Welcome to WHL & thank you for your service.

You have some very good, very important questions and I am sure that some people will be along behind me to help with your answers. I agree that this site is often full of more helpful advice and more compassion then my doctors, but I think it's important to remember that our advice is based on our individual experiences and our doctors advice is based on medical / scientific history.

All that said, I also have had problems with skin bumps. If you look on my profile at my symptoms pics you will see some of them, the ones that aren't flesh colored (those don't show on film so well). Usually they itch, sometimes they just exist, individually or in clusters.

I understand what you mean about Walmart. I often wear my sunglasses even on overcast days b/c the light is just to bright when there is a glare. A lot of people on this site have light sensativity issues and there are several threads that you can find on it.

I can't answer your blood test question, but Saysusie and Oluwa have provided a lot of information about lab results and the specific diagnostic requirements for Lupus diagnosis. The Lupus Foundation of America also has much information about this on their site. (They also host a walk for Lupus too - my local one is next weekend - but I think your walk name is much cuter!).

Your questions about flairs and swelling and pain are very specific to each individual's experience. Personally, I can say that I am almost always in pain with my ankles and that when I have a flair, I usually have swelling in the pained joints and for me, a flare can run anywhere from a few days to several months depending on the severity.

I hope this helps you out a little.

BTW - Where are you stationed?

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cool690, like Sandy said, all that we tell you is based on our individual experiences. However, several times i have taken information that i learned here to my rheumy, and she was very pleased and impressed that i had found a knowledgeable forum to join. I don't have too much trouble with skin issues, but i do get strange little bumps on my scalp. Yes, sometimes Walmart lighting just sucks the energy out of me. Like Sandy, I hurt every day. A flare will put me completely down and can last from a day to a couple of months. My joints always hurt, but a flare adds swelling and joint aches like the flu. Usually my left side is the one that hurts, my pain is quite often on one side or the other. You are a kind soul, thank you for choosing to protect us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Cool..;
    There are so many different skin rashes with Lupus and the ones you describe do sound like one of the rashes that are common with Lupus. Here are some websites that will give you explanations about the many skin rashes that we suffer from:
    arthritis-symptom.com/lupus/lupus-rash.htm
    www.lupus.org
    www.skinrashespictures.com

As has been mentioned, each persons Lupus is specific to them, the flare-ups, manifestations of the disease, and symptoms are all individual. Also, our flare-up this month can be totally different next month (different triggers, different symptoms, different organs).

Most of us are extremely sensitive to sunlight and to fluorescent lighting (like the type used in Walmart). That is why it is suggested that we wear hats and sunglasses whenever we go to a large department store or grocery store. These lights, alone, can send us into a flare-up. So you must protect yourself from sunlight and fluorescent lighting.

Please read the sticky in "Newly Diagnosed" about testing for Lupus. If, after that, you still have questions, I will be more than happy to try to find answers for you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!