Thread: 1:800

Thanks

Default 1:800

the doctor said I had an astronomical high ANA 1:800. he said that is how many times they had to chop up my test and were still able to see ana. I am getting out of the hospital today but I am not on any medicine accpet the end of a prednisone pack. the did 5 treatments in the hospital of the plasma exchange. I still feel really ill but I cant see a rheumy till oct 21st. I am afraid of the sun and what it might do to me as I live in vegas. there are only 5 rheumys in the whole valley and so I have to wait. I dont know what to do. yesterday I felt so great so they signed the discharge orders. funny thing is, i feel safer at home. I think it is alot easier to see a doctor when you run to the ER than when sitting in the hospital waiting for the nurses to believe that you do not need another Xanax, you are really sick. si I feel good about getting out of here for that reason.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

That is an unusually high ANA. This would certainly indicate active auto-immune issues. You doctor did not talk to you about any other test results and treatments? I think that this is a discussion you should have immediately!
    While a high ANA is present in other diseases, it is important to determine the exact cause of such a high ANA and to start a treatment regimen. Keep us posted please!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Arrow

I have no other possitive tests. sed rate, reumatoid factor, etc all normal. they run every test on me that can be done my doctor says. My symptoms are that I have had 3 bouts acute guillian barre like ascending paralysis over 7 years this is the first time my ANA came up possitve however. my theory is that since the lupus like symptoms (myalgia, malaise) a skin and symptom photosensitivy all started with the one month long binge on bactrim and macrobid for a swollen lyph node and then infection. I think maybe drug antagonized if not induced lupus compounded with CIDP that I already had. I am going to the Mayo clinic. because this is so far beyond any of the doctors here. I am so tired that after 7 years no one knows and it seems that the more doctors I see the less repect I have for thier knowledge.

possitve test over the years include

2002- elevated m protiens confirming guillian barre syndrome

2004- lession in C5 C6 of spinal cord consistant with demyelination process seen in ms and tm (but I do not have ms or tm)

2009- emg showed some abnormality
    first possitive ANA ever

Blog Entries
    Thanks

it seems that the more doctors I see the less repect I have for thier knowledge.

AMEN!

I keep finding myself saying something to that effect more and more lately. That and "ANYONE can be a doctor!"

There's not much to choose from in rheumys where I live either. I thought going to Emory in Atlanta would help me, but it didn't. I should have visited Phyllis' doctor down there. She's not with Emory but she's in Atlanta.

Emory is a nice hospital but the doctors there I found weren't much different than around here. Maybe a little more modern but... they make some whopper mistakes and ... well, it popped my little bubble about university hospital doctors.

I hope and pray you get the help you need Rose. ((((((Hugs))))))

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mine was 1:400 with speckled patterns and i asked the rhuemy if that means overlapping dieases and he was supprised with my question and i told him i really have been studying everything i can because of these dieases and always get copies of every test and procedure i have done and make up a list of questions for every visit and he answers everyone for me. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The ignorance of doctors regarding auto-immune issues is astounding. That is why I always feel that it is imperative that we educate ourselves, because we will, invariably, have to educate our doctors; advocate for ourselves, and demand that we be treated with respect.
    Please let us know how it goes at the Mayo Clinic.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My ANA has been 1:680 for over 5 years of testing it. I'm very surprised that it took almost five years for one of my doctors that tested it to refer me to a rheumatologist...ignorance of doctors could have cost me my gallbladder and other "self-distructing" things.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.