Thread: Medications for Reynaud's

Thanks

Default Medications for Reynaud's

Are any of you on medication for Reynaud's? Yesterday my rheumy told me about some options to make this winter more bearable for me, as the Reynaud's is already starting to be a problem. We talked about nitroglycerin cream to put on the fingers, but she warned that if I use too much, it will cause a killer headache for about 10 minutes. There are also calcium channel blockers which can greatly reduce the symptoms of Reynaud's in many patients, and that's what I am going to try. I can't remember which one, I'll pick it up from the pharmacy tonight. She said the pills are very low risk, the only thing could be low blood pressure, so it sounded safe enough. And realistically, I'm getting very tired of walking around with tea or hand warmers or gloves all day all winter long.

So any experiences with these medications? Thoughts?
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Let me know if the meds work.... I was just talking to my dr about meds for raynaud's (sp)... Yeah and mine is already working on me but I have problems all year long just in the winter it gets worse.... everyone starts calling me smurf....

hope the meds help out
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my dermtologist told me that there is medication for Raynaud's, but she said between my mtx and plaquenil i am already on "strong medication", and she did not recommend that i take Medication for Raynaud's unless it becomes too uncomfortable. I will also ask my rheumy about it. Thanks for sharing this info brandichi, please keep us posted on your success.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oooooooooooo I want to know how this goes for you too! I am planning to ask my rheumy about the Reynauds and the psoriasis when I go in a few weeks. Whats the name of the medicine your doc recommended?
    Leann - mine is all year but worse in the winter too. This year is already bad.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.