Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had Heat Stroke

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I had Heat Stroke

It was unbearably hot here in Oxnard a few days ago and I ended up with heat stroke. I was vomiting, had heat cramps and was disoriented, and on the verge of fainting. Anyway, my boyfriend was home and put ice packs on me and cold towels. He almost had to call the paramedics to take me to the hospital. I came out of it though, thank God. It was a terrifying experience.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh drink, so sorry about the heat stroke...they are so very frightening. I am glad that your boyfriend was there and knew what to do. Are you feeling better now?take care of yourself,
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ugh heat stroke feels horrible. I hope you got lots of rest and fluids today and are feeling better.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Heat Stroke can be very dangerous. I am so glad that you boyfriend was there and that he acted quickly. Please be very careful and take very good care of yourself!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh girlfriend...((((((((Hugs)))))))) SO SO glad you're still here with us! How are you today?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Abbasgirl and other friends,

By the next day I was feeling much better. In fact, I was able to go to the Avocado festival for a few hours last weekend. Luckily, the weather has cooled down considerably. I am glad my fan lasted through those last hot days. It gave up the ghost the day before yesterday. Thank you all for your concern. Heat stroke was indeed scary to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm so glad to hear you're okay, D. I've never been to an Avocado festival...what's that like?

I hope you get that fan replaced quickly. I'm not familiar with what the temps are like there this time of year...how far does the temp drop during winter season?

Thanks

Having my first encounter with heat stroke this past summer, I purchased a nice straw hat to prevent a recurrence. It's helped me tremendously. Even with consuming lots of water I got heat stroke-probably because I was in direct sun. A former sun worshipper (I am a Cali girl afterall), I've traded in my bathing suit for light weight cover ups, sunglasses, hats and sunscreen. It's just not worth it.

So glad your boyfriend was with you and knew what to do!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Abbasgirl:

The avocado festival had bands, and local kids performing the Avocado Witches of Oz (a local rendition of the "Wizard of Oz". There was also a lot of food and things to buy, especially with an avocado theme. The main reason we went was for the music and since my boyfriend is from there he say a lot of people he knew and could catchup on what was going on in their lives.

It can get to freezing here in the winter, but not very often. We don't get snow and the temperatures get into the 30's and sometimes the 20's.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Bonus Mom:

I too had lightweight clothing on and was drinking water and a watermelon juice cocktail (one of those big Arizona ones) just before I got the heat stroke. Granted I didn't have a hat on, but I was mostly in the car. Just goes to show you that you can be dehydrated before you even consume water etc., drink water etc., and still end up with heat stroke. I am sure it must have been at least a 100 degrees in the sun, but I didn't hear what the actual temperature was that day.