Thread: Im New!

Thanks

Default Im New!

Hi everyone,
    I was diagnosed with lupus approx a month ago and I am nervous about all of this, I am just hoping that you can offer some positive words for me. It is so nice that we all have one another to lean on here.. Thank goodness. I am living in Nevada, am married and have two small children. I would love to talk with anyone of you that can relate to this..

Thanks

Hello JennyJo
    Welcome to wehavelupus. My name is Tammy, I also have two young children. I live in Australia, and I am still waiting on a diagnosis.
    The people here are all wonderful, and give out some excellent advice. I'm sure you will benefit a lot by coming to this site, and along the way, you might also find you have made your self some great friends.
    Hope your feeling well, Tammy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jennyjo, welcome to our "family of the sky." You will find so many members here who will gladly help you with any questions or concerns. There are several members with young children, and i am amazed at how the juggle their home lives, their children's needs, along with the struggles of living with lupus. How are you feeling? Do you have a rheumy? Has the dr. put you on any treatment medications? Most of us take Plaquenil, which is actually an anti-malarial med. It takes some time for the med to start working, and the initial side effects can be frustrating, but most people ultimately get some relief from Plaquenil. Again, welcome, browse around, and feel free to ask any questions. We are always here to help, to have fun, and to make new friends.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

hi jennyjo,
    Welcome to WHL! I am glad you joined, you will find so much support and encouragement here...
    I am married almost 15 years now, have an 8yr old, a 6yr old and an 8 month old! Life is busy, but they keep me from wallowing! I think it really helps to have them to focus on, and distract from the pain. Not that it always works that way! I hope your family is supportive, I am lucky and have a husband who really tries to understand...
    Have you read "the spoon theory"? I don't know the link, but it comes up quick on google. Your husband might get some insight from it.
    Hope you are having a good weekend,
    God Bless,
    Deb
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi JennyJo...you have a cute username. Welcome to WHL. I'm not an official lupus patient yet...still waiting on the diagnosis, but you are in great company here. Ever since I've joined I feel like I have an army of friends and resources...and it's the warmest spot on the net. You're gonna love it here!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi JennyJo! I am in that different AI diagnosis, but probably Lupus too category. This is a wonderful place to find the support, love and encouragement you have come looking for. Welcome!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jennyjo;
    Welcome to our family. What part of Nevada are you in? I am not too far from you, I live in Southern California, about a 3 hour drive from Las Vegas.
    You have come to the right place to find people who understand you and who can offer you support, comfort, and information. I'm glad that you found us and that you decided to join us! Welcome, again!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!