Thread: What meds are good?

Thanks

Default What meds are good?

What meds are good, or is it best to be on natural therapy? I tell you this is what I am on:

LEVOXYL--For Hypothyroidism
    LEXAPRO--Depression and anxiety
    COUMADIN--For blood thinning/regualtion of blood coagulation (Had 2 Pulmonary Emoboli-Blood clots-in right lung in Dec. 03, and cannot get regulated ever. So it looks as if I will be on this forever)
    HCTZ--High Blood Pressure-Diuretic
    LOPRESSOR--High Blood Pressure
    PROTONIX--Stomach ulcers
    CARAFATE slurry--Stomach ulcers
    PERCOCET--Chronic Pain

Now this is what I have wrong with me:

Hypothyroidism
    SLE, DLE
    Chronic Pain Syndrome
    Chronic Back Problems
    Coagulation problems
    Pancreatitis problems
    Stomach problems
    IBS, among other colon problems
    Fibromyalgia
    Degenerative Disk and Degenerative Joint Disease
    Spondylosis
    Narcotic Dependency
    Anemia
    G.E.R.D.
    Tobacco Dependency
    Personality Disorder
    Psychosis
    Scoliosis
    Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
    (please forgive me if I forgot anything :roll: )

Now, when he says that I have these mental probs, that is all tied into having Lupus, isn't it? I mean, isn't that what Doctors say about people like us? Also, Narcotic dependency--first of all, he gave me the meds. 2nd, I have a reason to be on them. And yes, I need them to help me get thru the day. Now, that is only ONE narcotic that I am on! No morphine, nothing else. This is BS. On the COPD, he has NEVER told me that I have it, NOR has he said anything about:
    Personality Disorder
    Psychosis
    Scoliosis
    Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
    Degenerative Joint Disease
    Spondylosis
    Narcotic Dependency
    Anemia
    Chronic Pain Syndrome

In June, I was again admitted to the hospital for not being able to walk, due to my back. This happens every so often. While I was in there, I went out and smoked, with assistance, mind you. Well because of that, and because I didn't have the money to pick up my thyroid med and coumadin, he has discontinued being my Doctor. I FINALLY found another, but saw her the other day 2 x...I went in for an appt, then had to go back in, because I couldn't walk. She tells me, Well I think there is something wrong here. Something doesnt add up. So I said to her, Are you saying that you dont believe me? And she just kept saying, something is just not right. You walked in here earlier, and now you are in a wheel chair? Why is that?! I told her why, and with Lupus, these things happen, and I have a lot of probs with my back. I cannot help it. And she told me (mind you, this was the first time I had seen her) that she cannot handle me, and she is giving me to the new Doctor that is coming in on the sept. 6th. I feel like I am such a burden to EVERYONE AROUND ME. I dont know what to do anymore. I wish I could go drink alcohol again. But I know that my blood would thin so badly. Well then I wouldnt have to be on Coumadin I guess. I am so disgusted with myself. I am a burden to my friend, my mom, my doctors. The ER knows me by face now. I hate my life. These people dont understand. I try and try to tell them, but nobody believes that Lupus is that serious. Nobody believes that I have something like that, and sometimes I Dont even believe it. Gosh....I didnt expect this to be so long. Im sorry....
    Only with prayer, am I still here.....
    Roni Shawn Teem
    ronishawn33or@hotmail.com
    ronigirl30al@yahoo.com
    ~ OR ~
    Business Website & E-maill address: www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/rhondateem
    rhondateem@prepaidlegal.net
    (A little secret: I sell prepaid legal services!)

Thanks

I will pray for you.

I'm on lexapro, and it's been helping a lot.
    I take iron for anemia, and then my lupus medicines:

Imuran
    Plaquinel
    Prednisone
    Iron
    Lexapro
    Prilosec
    Tylenol
    Vitamins
    DHEA

Its bad when you cannot count on the doctors to be there; Luckily my rheumatologist is great.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Roni Shawn;
    You did not say if the doctor's you are seeing are rheumatologists. It sounds as if they are general practitioners or internal medicine doctors. Since they are so fond of passing you around, I think that it might be in your benefit to tell them, the next time they pass you, pass you to a rheumatologist because you are not crazy, they are just uneducated about your disease!
    Stand up for yourself, Lupus is not a figment of your imagination, not is it to be taken lightly. You deserve to have treatment for your symptoms and you deserve to be seen by a doctor who is familiar with the disease!

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank You. I am being referred to a rhuemy. I have seen one in the past. But they said I only had Fibromyalgia. But that was 3 years ago. And 3 years ago, BEFORE the rhuemy, I was diagnosed with Lupus, and then the Doc said no, its Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Then, the Doc that I recently had for 2 years, said YES, I DO have Lupus. Soooo.....
    Only with prayer, am I still here.....
    Roni Shawn Teem
    ronishawn33or@hotmail.com
    ronigirl30al@yahoo.com
    ~ OR ~
    Business Website & E-maill address: www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/rhondateem
    rhondateem@prepaidlegal.net
    (A little secret: I sell prepaid legal services!)

Thanks

I think finding the right doctors is like finding a good pair of shoes - you definitely have to "shop around." I have been fortunate to get some really good ones here after diagnosis and after I moved. But, I certainly was not as fortunate pre-diagnosis, and by the time I got to a Rheumy, he said my kidneys were probably going downhill for 9 months-1 year, so.......

I'm originally from Oregon, lived in Salem & Eugene, so I know LaGrande is smaller, and there may not be a whole lot of options for docs.

Best wishes......and stick up for yourself a the doctor's office!
    Missy