Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot pain

Thanks

Default Foot pain

The last week or so my foot pain is back.

My feet, heels and ankles hurt nearly all the time.

Does anyone else have this awful foot pain??

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi canadianmoma, yes, my feet hurt when i am resting and especially when i stand on them a long time. It is accross the bottom of the feet, and walking is especially difficult. Do you have Sjorgern's (sp)? I get these little black sores on my feet, and the dermatologist said it is because nerve endings are dying....i don't know if this can cause the pain or not, i forgot to ask.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I have had terrible foot pain for years prior to SLE and SjS diagnosis. My pain is on the inner sides of the foot, on the heels (towards the arch). While I'm on Prednisone I can shop or cook/bake for hours on my feet without any problems. I purchased a chef's mat at Costco (spendy at 69.00) for my kitchen because the tile floors were murder! Between the mat and Prednisone, the pain is definitely improved.

Because I'd had the pain for so long (right greater than left), I thought it might be due to weight gain-im not the lightweight I used to be-but the rheumy assured me that my nominal gain wouldn't be the cause.

Thanks

Hello Canadianmomma
    Don't think we have met. I'm Tammy, and i'm pretty new here.
    My foot pain is probably my biggest, and only complaint. I feel like a granny each time I take my children out, because I always need to sit down, and raise my feet after walking for about 20 minutes. They become feeling very tired, and feel as though they can not hold me anymore. Before I knew I had any medical problems, I always thought it may have been because of my weight gain after having my children. I went from weighing 50 kilo's, to 70 kilo's, in a matter of a few years. I thought that my feet were not use to the big weight gain, and just needed time to adjust. But then I found out, that the problems were due to the arthritis/muscle pain.
    It's always good to let your rheumy know of any new symptoms you have, hope your feet are feeling better soon.
    Tammy.

Thanks

The foot pain I have is worst just after resting... or upon getting up in the morning, but is not the same pain as plantar fasciitis.

I have just started rubbing arnica gel into them and it seems to be helping.

We'll see at my appointment next week what the doc says.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i understand the morning pain....sometimes i am afraid to try to get out of bed. Please let us know what your dr. says this week....maybe someone can find a way to help us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi CanadianMama,
    I have foot pain too. Your description sounds just like mine. It's the worst in the morning when I go to get up... I must look like a total cripple when I stand up. My pain is across the ball of my feet mostly, but also the toes and ankles.
    Hope you are having a good weekend..
    God Bless,
    Deb

PS a cheaper alternative to the chef mat: crocs! I have a pair I wear inside when my back and feet hurt, they really help!
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Canadianmom!

Foot pain is one of my most severe and longest lasting symptoms as well as foot swelling, foot immobility, foot tenderness, foot aches. It is much much much worse immediately before and during a flare. I have had pain so bad that I have been stuck in bed or a chair for lack of being able to move. The one thing that seems to really help me with this is my chiropractor. It sounds silly but she has really helped me with this symtom. When I am flaring and swollen she helps me to bring my feet back to normal faster then RICE does all alone.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing, everyone.

I know this must sound morbid, but it is comforting to know that i am not the only person who feels like I do.

I believe I am in a flare. It is the third one this year. My flares are still mild, with foot pain, back pain and extreme fatigue.

How long do your flares typically last?

Sometimes for me it is a few days and sometimes as long as 2 months.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

exactly....sometimes my flares are a couple of days and sometimes a couple of months....there is not figuring this s---.....just comes and goes as it wants, makes us hurt where it wants, and all the while it messes with our minds....
    Phyllis

share a smile today