Thread: Going to dr for last time--I give up...

Thanks

Default Going to dr for last time--I give up...

I feel like s**t. I think I had two good week this summer. Was just feeling good, then bang. I am seeing my GP tomorrow. I cant get any kind of definitive diagnosis. I cant seem to find anything that helps the pain. My whole body is one horrible ache. I think my dr wants me to shut up. Pretty sure everyone I know thinks I am CRAZY! I take neurontin, sevella, ibuprofen, soma, and excedrin. I went through about twenty ibuprofen yesterday and had a gut ache today. I really just feel like giving up. I am called the dr and asked him to strap a tens unit to back or do something, anything, to help this #@%$#@pain GO AWAY!

Sorry for the complaining. I have nowhere to vent, since no one believes me that I feel horrible. I think honestly, the isolation I feel makes everything seem 100 times worse. I want the swelling to go down in my eyes, I want the migraines to go away, I want the joint pain to not be so unbearable that I feel like I could faint or collapse. I want to go to my childrens events and enjoy them. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all that, what can I say to my dr to get some help?!?!?!?!?!?!?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Sickofbeingsick,

There are many different kinds of loneliness a person can experience. I think that the isolation felt by the sick person who is surrounded by people who should understand, but don't, is one of the worst. To be in various degrees of pain ranging from dull, to unbearable, and to not have anyone believe that you are experiencing this, is the kind of loneliness that drove me to give up on everything a few years ago. I know how terrible, and desolate this feels for you.

I am very lucky to have people in my life now who are at least accepting of my illness, although they cannot understand what it's like. I've had some terrible pain lately too, and like you, one the drugs I have been taking more of to control the pain, has also made my stomach hurt terribly.

There is no easy way to get people to believe we are in pain, and it's not easy to get people to accept our illness and be supportive. But, you do have at least one place where everyone understands you, and believes you. Not one person here would ever think you are "crazy". You can come here and vent all you want, no apology is needed.

About your Dr. being unable to help you or find a proper diagnosis, you may want to consider a second opinion, and go with a new Dr. who is better able to help you. I know it's a huge pain in the butt to do this, but having the right Dr. can make all the difference in the world. I wish I knew what to tell you about getting others to believe and understand, but there are no easy answers. Try to take comfort in te fact that you can come here anytime and have a safe haven with other people who are just like you. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Rob

Thanks

I'm sorry you have this to deal with in addition to the pain, etc Sickof.

I actually feel the same way .. that everyone thinks I'm crazy and they don't believe me. I agree with everything that Rob said. So true and right on target.

I have found some videos on youtube.com which I am considering sending to family and close friends to help give them an understanding. One of the best ones I've found is titled "This is Lupus". Perhaps this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI4z30nfv6k

But as Rob said, always know we are here for you.

Take good care.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too have been having a lot of pain lately and take hydocodone a few times a day and it has been since this summer when the flares were really bad at times. Hope you feel better soon. Love Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sickofbeingsick, it is good to see you around again, but i am so sorry that you are going through all of this pain. Have you considered asking your dr. to refer you to a pain clinic? I hope he will do this for you, they really help a lot of people who deal with chronic pain....no matter what the cause of the pain. Best of luck to you, please keep in touch and let us help you get through this.
    Phyllis

share a smile today