Thread: Hope hope hope my friends!!

Thanks

Smile Hope hope hope my friends!!

HELLO MY FRIENDS!!! I just wanted to share some information from an article in my local newspaper. I dont know if anyone has already mentioned it since im away so much these days (LOL) but it was about an experimental drug that can ameliorate the symptoms of Lupus!

"A team from HUMAN GENOME SCIENCES said the experimental drug Benlysta significantly reduced lupus symptoms in a randomized trial of more than 850 patients, reducing their need for debilitaing steriods and improving quality of life." "The results will be presented later this year and published after the second study is completed. A spokesman said the nature of the data and the 50-year drought in drugs justified releasing the data now."

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THING TO HEAR ABOUT HUH!!!!!!!! There ARE people out there FIGHTING the FIGHT to HELP US MY FRIENDS!!!! REMEMBER THIS ARTICLE IN THOSE MORE DIFFICULT MOMENTS THAT THIS DISEASE THROWS YOUR WAY! HUGS to YOU ALL!XXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Hello Jeannette
    That is great news! Thanks for sharing. We may have a brighter future after all. Until then, I will continue to hope and pray that this day comes soon.
    Take care.
    Tammy

Thanks

AWWWW, YOU TAKE CARE TOO TAMMY!!!!!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Has the FDA approved this drug? Because my doctor wants to put me on cell-ceph and the insurance company has turned me down twice because it has not been approved for the treatment of these illness but other people are on it. I really do not want to take methrotrexate because of the side affects but i cannot keep getting sick so i do not know what is next. Bonita

Thanks

Smile

hi jeanette thanks for that information it gives all of us hope that there is someone out there who cares what we are going through.hugs kiml and to bonita i know there is side affects to mexotrexate i experienced vomiting and diahorea but the benifits are also good i have been having considerable improvement in my joint pain lately and my fatigue has not been as bad i have good days and bad days but i sure love the good days this drug gives me it is only minor improvement but at least it is something . what every you decide you know your own body and mind i wish you the best my friend. hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jeannette, yes, i heard of this drug a few months back...there was a brief discussion about it here. It is my understanding that it is in the third phase of trials, and if approved, will be available hopefully by the end of next year. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Unfortunately, i am sure that because it is so new, that the insurance companies will categorize it as "experimental", and we will pay a fortune for it....oh well, just another kick in the a--. (jeese, i just realized that i have a bad attitude tonight - hmm, wonder if it is a full moon.)
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Yes, I heard about it via this video from the Lupus Foundation.

Check it out .... Encouraging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI3okC-di50

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Woo hoo!

We are getting closer and closer to much better treatments, Peeps!!

I remember this but thanks for the reminder Jeanette!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Great News..especially after a 50 year drought. I do hope that it does what it says it does and that it becomes available for treatment very soon.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Im so HAPPY EVERYONE can HAVE SOME HOPE!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! WE WILL GET THERE YET MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!