Thread: in hospital with gbs

Thanks

Default in hospital with gbs

I am in the hospital with another round of guillian barre syndrome. they say I have CIDP. my immune system is attacking the myelon sheath around my peripheral nervous system casueing extreme weakness and paralysis. I get plasma exchange today. its kind of like dialasis. they pull my blood out and put it in center fudge to pull the bad plasma out and put new albumin in. has anyone else out there has gbs. I know it is some how realated to lupus cuz its onset was extreme arthritis. that extreme kidney infection caused this.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Ricketyrose,

I have significant deterioration of myelin due to Multiple Sclerosis. It's painful, and causes all sorts of problems for me. Numbness, weakness, shooting pain, it sucks, and for me much of the damage is permanent. I have been getting IV Copaxone treatment that works to a certain extent.

How long do you have to be in the hospital? Do you have family or a friend to keep you company?

I don't have GBS, but I understand the problems you are having, as they are very much like what I've been dealing with. I hope this plasma exchange works. Just rest, and get better.

Rob

Thanks

I am sorry, that you have to be in the hospital, but I hope the plasma exchange, gives you the result you need, to feel better. Take care and get well soon.

Debbie

Thanks

Oh my goodness, you are in my HEART! POOR THING! GOOD LUCK and im THINKING OF YOU!!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

Rob, my brother-in-law has very bad MS and is getting ready to start a clinical trial..I'll keep you posted, he is so desperate to get any help, or slow the progression.
    Andrea