Thread: Lucy Vodden passed away

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Lucy Vodden passed away

Lucy of 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' fame dies
    AP, Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am PDT
    Lucy Vodden, who provided the inspiration for the Beatles' classic song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," has died after a long battle with lupus. She was 46.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/julian-le...dies--61994538

Thanks

My heart sinks for her...

I swallow hard and think selfishly of my own mortality...

I swallow hard again and think of all of our mortality...

I wonder will there be a cure in my life time. I am 48. I pray. I hope for each and everyone of us.

Love always,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

WOW, it really makes you stop to smell the roses huh.
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

This has been bothering me ever since I heard about it. I don't know if it's because she was just 5 years older than me, if it's because she died from lupus, not lupus "and..." as I've heard about other people, or if it's just having done the lupus walk, or a combination of everything. I just keep thinking...I hate this disease, I hate the unknowns, I hate that there is no cure.

So scary, so sad, and yet also in a way it spurs me on to not waste a single moment, you know?
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Brandichi, me too.

((((Hugs)))) everyone.

Thanks

Me as well Cheryl They say to LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IT WAS YOUR LAST!!!!!! YOU NEVER KNOW, ANYTHING can happen at ANY TIME.

HUGS to all just like you said Abbasgirl
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hugs to everyone...this news has stopped my world for a moment. The circle of life is a true wonder of this world..... i was a teenager so madly in love with john lennon, how did this circle come around to where Lucy died from the same thing that is eating me alive....how does this happen, and how do we live with this reality. i have no doubt that membership in this family is at the top of my list of gratitude.... I thank each and every one of you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Oh my goodness Phyllis, THANK YOU as well DEAR FRIEND This GROUP of TRUE FRIENDS is my MEDICINE (literally) at times. The TRUE FEELINGS i FEEL when i am here helps me to feel BETTER even if i dont feel that well. They say that having TRUE FRIENDSHIPS HELPS you to LIVE LONGER, illness or not. HERES TO REAL FRIENDSHIP and UNDERSTANDING.

Thanks

When I explained to my husband, almost three years ago, what lupus is and what it does, I left the dying part out. So when I told him about Lucy, he was shocked and said to me " I knew lupus was incurable, but I didn't know it could kill you." Well I told him that complications could arise and be deadly. Now he is even more worried, than he was before.
    I HATE LUPUS.

Debbie

Thanks

I think that this is very sad indeed. I pray for her family and friends.

Kathy
    Lupus for many years. Like most of my life. Sjogrens that started at 35 and Scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Osteo-Arthritis of the spine, Ankylosing Spondilitis, Periferal Neuropathy, mild CP and now just recently diagnosed with PA. I had a disc replaced in December of 2007.

Medications:
    Plaquenil, Sulindac, Imuran, Celiac diet, Tramadol and B12 shot once a month.