Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been Quiet Lately

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Been Quiet Lately

I just wanted to let everyone know, that if you have not recieved any private messages from me, and you haven't seen me post much, it's because of the problems I've been having with Trigeminal Neuralgia, and various other nerve related problems. I don't want anyone to think that I am ignoring them. I'm just really tired, and dealing with pain 24/7 has knocked the wind out of me.

I'm not going anywhere, and I am here everyday to do my duties as a moderator, I just have been finding it difficult to express myself. There seems to be a disconnect between my brain and my fingers. At times, common words look totally foreign to me, and sometimes I look at a picture of something, and I don't know what it is. It's very odd, and really frustrating.

Anyway, I'm a little down lately, but I'm certainly not out. And since quitting is not an option, I'll just have to push through all of the various symptoms and treatments. I hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for listening and for all the support you all give to me. It really helps.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We love you Rob! and totally understand. (((((Hugs)))))

Thanks

Hi Roblet...head hugs and rubs..Knuckle rub.

Have you been to the neurologist for this symptom of not perceiving, what is it... what you are seeing...you should...

Sister still coming to be with you?

Fall arrive up north yet? With it being such a wet summer, the leave turned yellow here, so it was like fall all summer long...Leaves littered the pool. Today was masses. And only one frog to rescue...

We shopped for mass shrubs yesterday....going for even more curb appeal as we are putting our house up on the block sometime from January to March...Seattle here we come. How I miss the mountains, the green all year around that I even dream of them. My neighbor said too much sun for ya here....actually I feel the opposite. To me it is so gray for 6 months and everything is stripped of it beauty, no leaves...dead grass and cold winters. Severe thunderstorms all summer and humid. People think Seattle is full of snow...well it only comes down a few days out of the winter and it doesn't get 19 - 20 degrees like here..

Though this time of the year I find to be really the only nice time out of the whole year...no heat or AC running...we won't miss those $400 electrical bills. But I will miss my pool.

We will not be living in our house while it is on the market...we decided to move, leave it empty and rent a townhouse in Seattle till it sells...and search again for a resale.

I took my MTX today, slight feeling of disconnection. Rubbery like Gumby and tired. Staying focused helps...are you finding anything to do to keep your thoughts from unraveling? Watch Bruce Lee or westerns....I find they are very sedating and ...calming...requires little attention but keeps the mind focus. After I hit enter to post this I am going to find a movie like that...

You don't have to reply , just something to read for you to focus to let you know I am thinking of you and saying a prayer for you...

Hugs with love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Don't worry about anything, just take care of yourself and do what you need to do. I've been thinking about you lately, wondering how you were doing and hoping the Trigeminal Neuralgia had subsided. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm hoping things improve for you quickly.

If it helps, try to keep in mind that this is temporary. Lupus and all the other auto-immune stuff gives us good periods and bad periods. Like in Rob Thomas' song, "She'll be alright, just not tonight." I love that line. So if you're down now, there's just one way to go - UP!!! And you will. I was thinking about how strong you are, as I perceive you. I remember when you posted about helping with the sandbagging during a storm, and both admiring what you were doing and hoping that one day I would feel strong enough to do something like that. Well, I still doubt I'd be able to lift bags of sand for more than a minute, but when this passes for you - and it will - you'll go right back to doing those kinds of things again, and more.

We haven't communicated much here yet, but I've noticed your strength, your compassion, your kindness, and your support. You're a special person, and I know that better days are ahead for you.
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Rob,

Always in my thoughts and everyone here too. Just rest and know you have all our support.Miss you,but please just get a little better by resting and i hope soon you feel a little easier .

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Oh dear Rob~ YOU are SO SPECIAL and im so SORRY for what you are dealing with. I WISH i could STOMP it all right on out of YOU BUT, since i cant, ill give my "Robs illnesses" Voo Doo doll a few POKES with some pins and some HEAT over a nice HOT fire and who knows, it just might give it at least a little KICK in the a~~ to STUN it for a bit!

YOU are ALWAYS in my HEART
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi rob,so sorry your good days are less frequent. My wish for you is one day of "wa hoo, feeling great". Rest, and don't worry about us, we all know that you are watching over us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Rob,

We all love and miss you. Work on feeling better, don't worry about us.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hay rob sorry to hear you gonig throu it big huge massive gentle lupie hugs and kisses xxxxxx H xxxx

Thanks

Hey Rob
    I'm only new around here, but I want to wish you well wishes too. You seem like a great person, and I really do hope your feeling better soon.
    Tammy.