Thread: Librax

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Librax

Anyone have any experience with this treatment for ibs?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have, in fact I wrote on your blog before I saw this post. It didn't do much for me with only one pill, but when it did kick in, it was better then Immodium. Your doc is spot on with the drying out effect. When I took Librax I always found myself drinking tons of water that day and the next. I don't take it anymore because I find that a high fiber diet is much better with controlling the IBS then the meds. I still get the cramps when the IBS flares, but I try to work through that with a low residue diet and by managing my stress.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Sandy...sorry I missed your reply on my blog.

So glad you shared your experience with it. I'm on day five now. I was slow to take it... I read some serious stuff about it that had me spooked and I wanted to know a lot more before trying it. That first one I tried didn't do much but once I took more I started to feel the effects.

He wants me to take metamucil too along with it but in only about 2-4 oz of water instead of 8. I told him I tried this before, with the recommended 8 oz of water that my then pcp said to try. I told him I stopped it because I couldn't stop going. He told me the amount of water I was drinking with this was making it more "busy" and to not even drink much water (unless thirsty) after I take the metamucil. I had no idea!

So far, so good...it's better than it was. I really like having something to take for the cramping when it starts up which is now about time to take it at each dose. It takes a little while to start helping but oh wow does it help! Remarkable stuff!!!!