Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lupus and early menopause?

Thanks

Default Lupus and early menopause?

Do any of you know if there is a connection between lupus and going through early menopause/perimenopause?

I'm only 41, and in May I had two periods about 20 days apart. I thought it was weird, but it had only happened once. Well, this month it happened again. Along with killer PMS that I attributed to bad eating habits (chocolate and caffeine, which are huge triggers for me). But I had more cramps than usual, and I only get cramps twice a year, and my breasts were extremely sore, and I never get that. Then Tuesday night I had what felt like I've heard a hot flash is like. I was doing a presentation, of all times, and my face started sweating. Dripping. Not a ton, but enough to make me very uncomfortable.

I looked a bit online, and saw that some of the symptoms I've been having could be perimenopause. Yikes!!! My mom was 50 when she went through menopause, so I think I'm still young. Or am I???
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Thanks

I believe I have run across article that talked about this. just google early menopause and lupus something will probably come up. dont lupus symptoms subside after menopause. does that mean early menopause is a good thing?

Thanks

Im going through the same thing Cheryl! Its also in my genes to hit it early! UGH MY mom and maternal grandmother BOTH went through menopause in their late thirties! Gee, THANKS for THAT Mom! Check into when your mother and/or grandmothers went through it as well. I did hear too though that lupus CAN trigger it.

AHHHHHHH,isnt being a woman just grand! LOL
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i went through early menapause when i was 30...i did not have a lupus diagnosis at the time, but i had many symptoms. My family dr. that treated me during those years thinks that i had lupus at the time, just no diagnosis. Don't know if there is a relationship, but it sure happened to me . my mom and grandmother went through menapause at normal age, but neither of them had any auto immune disease symptoms.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I have often wondered this also, i am 42 and have symptoms... just one more thing for *The List*

Thanks

Oh how that LIST grows huh!!!!! WHEW, its never ending! BUT,WE HAVE EACH OTHER TO HAVE OUR LISTS GROW TOGETHER!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how you feel... I have been going through hot flashed for about 2 years now... It has been rought for me I started when I was about 38... I thought I was just just crazy... When it first started I was at work and it got so bad I left and went stright to the dr office...

My periods seem to have a mind of there own lately I just wish they would completely go away it would be one less thing I would have to worry about these days...

I don't know if there is a connection with the lupus.... I am still waiting on my dignoses at this point....

How the issue gets better...

take care
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Early menopause occurs most often in women with Lupus who are 30 to 40 years of age. It may occur in women younger than that with severe underlying causes. It very important that if you are suffering the signs of early menopause that you consult a doctor to rule out anything else that may be happening or a consequence of other health conditions. This is especially important if you have lupus and are experiencing signs of early menopause.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

THANK YOU Saysusie!!! Yeha, i go to my Gyno in a few months so im going ot let her know! I let my old one know a while back and she said "Oh Jeannette, youre TOO YOUNG!". Screw you B****! Excuse my french, im just sick of drs saying the same S*** about my symptoms! Ill show her just how young i am with my young FOOT shoved where the sun doesnt shine! LOL

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You Go Girl....don't take no stuff from any of them and put them on notice that you ARE NOT a fool, nor are you stupid!! Often, we have to educate our doctors and put them on notice that they must deal with us in a mutually respectful way!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!