Thread: new from detroit

Thanks

Default new from detroit

hi my name is Nicole and i'm new to this site. i would love to talk to others with lupus and/or polymyositis. especially ones in the detroit area.

i started suffering severe symptoms in 1994, after i gave birth.

currently i'm on disability, mother of 2 and recently separated.

again would love to hear from others.

bye

Thanks

Hi Nicole. Welcome to our home! I hope you find a lot of support and answers here, but you will never hear it's in your head and all the different ways to say that little comment. We do understand and do relate.
    I am sorry to hear you are recently separated. I think a good support system is very important to our overall wellbeing, and I really hope that you have that elsewhere. {{{HUG}}}

Thanks

Hi Nicole, welcome!

We're from all over, in all sorts of situations. Like you, I'm in the north. I'm able to work, however, and hope I'll be able to continue that for a few more years.

Many positive hopes for your new life as a single mom - it isn't easy, but in some cases, it is better than the (married) alternative. I hope for you all goes well and that your life will be much happier.

Hugs and keep in touch!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nicole :lol:
    Welcome to our forum and to our family. We are all here to help you in any way that we can. You will find that our members range from lupie newbies to lupie oldies (like me) and we are a wealth of knowledge, comfort and understanding!!
    Again...Welcome
    :lol:
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi, Nicole! I'm new here, too. I used to live in Detroit (Harper and Cadieux area); we've since moved to Birmingham. I was dx'd in 1989. Who is your rheumatologist?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch
    Hi, Nicole! I'm new here, too. I used to live in Detroit (Harper and Cadieux area); we've since moved to Birmingham. I was dx'd in 1989. Who is your rheumatologist?

i used 2 go to Angelia Williams-Mosley at DMC, now i go 2 Dr. Qazi in Southfield.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cnlb2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch

i used 2 go to Angelia Williams-Mosley at DMC, now i gp 2 Dr. Qazi in Southfield.
    I've heard of Dr. Williams-Mosely, she's supposed to be very, very good.

I've been going to Dr. Rottenberg in Southfield since I was dx'd, but he recently passed away. I'm hoping his associate is as attentive and sympathetic as he was.