Thread: Debris In The Air From The Fillmore/Moorpark Fire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Debris In The Air From The Fillmore/Moorpark Fire

Well I woke up last night to the smell of fire and fire debris in the air from the Moorpark/Fillmore, California fire. It was miserable because I couldn't really close all the windows in my house because it was far to hot, and I don't have air conditioning in my dwelling. I did turn on the fan in my bedroom though and that helped a little, but not a lot. Seems like it is always something. I heard on the news that the authorities think this fire may have been started by a 16 year old who may have started several (I think I heard 16) other fires in California over the past three years. How would you like to have him for your kid? What a nightmare?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh, i hope that they catch this kid....he needs to be put away, what would make a person deliberately destroy nature's beauty.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Sorry to hear you can't get any relief from the fires. Believe me, I understand. Not so much this year, but last year at this time was miserable for me from the fires out here. We have been keeping on our air here this year, but last year I didn't have that option. I still woke up with a sinus infection this morning, but I think it is more from the weather and up and down temps than from the fires. I saw they arrested that boy, but hadn't heard that they think he had set others. I kept saying the news was just asking for another one to be set with all the "warnings" they put out over the weekend. Do they even realize that when they give out 'red flag' warnings they just give the arsonists more information? Hope you find some relief soon...cooler days are on the way and that should help with the fires.

Hugs,
    Kim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They give out more information and they are supposed to be the experts and know what they are doing. I think the so-called experts aren't as "expert" as they are cracked up to be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh no...how awful for you and everyone there! I'm glad they caught the kid.

I wonder if a humidifier would help cut down the pollutants in the air in your home?

Thanks

How about an air purifier? I heard a humidifier BREEDS germs and bacteria. EWWWWW I stopped using mine when my dr told me this. Did you know that ultraviolet light can KILL germs and bacteria? Carl and i are checking into a "set up" they offer for our furnace to CLEAN all of the air in our house! WOO HOO to that!!! Its detachable too so if we ever move we can take it with us to hook up at our new abode!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette