Thread: Magistra Marla is Back

Thanks

Default Magistra Marla is Back

Hi all,
    I haven't been able to log on in a while. We just finally got internet and DirectTV over the weekend, and I've finally worked out the issues with it. I miss good old Time Warner! Cable TV and internet aren't available here.
    We are still unpacking boxes, but we're getting settled into our new home. We have a nice 3 bedroom duplex in the military community. Our duplex is on a hill and on a clear day, we can see the bay out over the golf course from our living room and my study/guest room. Jeff's study overlooks a lovely garden. It is very cool here compared to South Texas. Most days, the highs are in the mid-60s and the lows at night are in the 50s. The mist comes in off of the ocean, and so it is sunny one minute and misty the next. Has anyone seen the film "A Walk in the Clouds"? I understand that title now. The clouds pass very close to the earth here in the Monterey Peninsula.
    Jeff has gone through registration and orientation at the Naval Postgraduate School, and he's getting very excited about being a part of the school. I've already joined the Spouse's Club, and we'll both get involved with the school. We're already planning to go to the Navy Ball on Oct. 17!
    I'm feeling very, very tired. The MTX helps me with the severe fatigue and I want to do a lot, but my knees and hips keep "giving out", so I have a difficult time getting around. I'm looking forward to getting all settled, so that I can really rest on M Day.
    I'll be gone again this weekend. We're driving down to Pasadena to meet up with Heather, our oldest. She is on the Alumni Board of Cal Tech, so the school flies her out from NYC several times a year to attend meetings. She'll be in this weekend, and since her Dad's B-day is the 24th, she wants us to drive down to Pasadena to celebrate with her. It will be a nice last weekend of freedom for Jeff before classes start on Monday.
    I hope that all of you are doing well, and that you have a great weekend, too.
    Love,
    Marla

Thanks

Default Welcome Back!

So glad you arrived safe and sound in Monterey. It's a beautiful community and I'm sure you'll be very happy there.

Get some rest--moving is exhausting.

Thanks

WELCOME BACK MARLA!!! Glad that all went well and you are getting settled in.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hooray, marla is back....so glad you are getting settled into your new home, it sounds beautiful there. have a wonderful weekend and tell Jeff happy birthday for us.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hay marla glad to see you back and you moved ok looking forward to chatting with ya x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yipeeeeeeeeee welcome back.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx