Thread: Freaking out... again.

Thanks

Default Freaking out... again.

Hey guys,
    Lately I've been really busy applying to college, doing Model United Nations and school. For some reason, I'm emotionally unstable right now. I'm crying more than I ever have before and acting irrationally. My period is late, and though I'm a vigrin, I've convinced myself I'm pregnant. I know it's probably because of a cyst (I get Ovarian Cysts frequently) or stress or whatever, but it's just not helping my state of mind. A few days ago I was spotting these brown things in my discharge and now I'm freaking out about that because (among other things) it's a sign of pregnancy. The kicker is that there is NO possible way I'm pregnant-- unless sperm has a habit of leaping through 4 layers of clothes and making it to the egg. I'm dizzy and exhausted, I can't concentrate, I'm crying all of the time. It hurts to take a deep breath and I'm irritable. Whenever I try to tell my mom that it hurts to breathe deeply and that my symptoms are very similar to those of an inflammation of the lung lining, she treats me like a hypochondriac-- even though she has lupus! I'm frustrated and emotional and far too busy to have this take me down. I'm so sick of this happenening.
    Sorry guys, I just needed to rant. It's so frustrating! My friends don't get that I'm exhausted, my mom thinks I'm crazy, my team thinks I'm lazy when I can't go 100% and I've convinced myself I'm pregnant.

Thanks

Hi Hima...

Have you taken a pregnancy test to ease your thoughts? Discharge...Old blood is brown in color and is often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words... if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit.

I would make an appointment with your GYN to confirm it they isn't something else, like hormonal imbalance..which might explain your crying jags. Or inflammation in your uterus...just as a precaution..even though brown discharge is very common....

Also make an appointment with your primary to have him exam you for lung issues...do you have a Rheumatologist since you haven't been diagnosed with Lupus..if you do have one..see him...

Be well,
    Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.