Thread: G-2o Summit....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default G-2o Summit....

So Idk If you guys know, but the G-20 Summit is here in Pittsburgh for the next two days. And its seriously ridiculous! the protestors are RIDICULOUS! there were people suspended off of bridges just hanging over the river. what is that proving ?!
    and it was so scary walking downtown to my busstop to get home! there was army guys... cops...swat teams...medics...there was an ARMY TANK driving down the street.
    guards standing on the corners with like guns n' stuff!
    it was soo scary!

but at least i'm off from school the next two days because of this all. but honestly, i don't know what to expect. anything can happen in these next two days....
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ashley, i remember when the sumit was held here in Georgia, and it was crazy....the presence of military on the streets is quite frightening. I hope all of this is just big talk and that nothing happens. There was a lot of protests and screaming here but the sumit was finally over and life went back to normal.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

well yesterday... there were protestors literally fighting riot cops...
    protestors going breaking windows of business's like the BMW dealership, the KFC, banks.... busting ATM machines... people climbing bridges ! like...thats insaine because our bridges are HUGE!

people are just soo dumb sometimes. i swear...

like so much other stuff has happened... its crazy!
    but todays the last day...thank goodness !
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

rob is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Just remember Ashley, those military and law enforcement personnel you see with all the weaponry are not people you need to be afraid of. I know it's shocking at first to see these things, but when that many world leaders converge in one place, it is a very tempting target for terrorists or a lone gunman looking for 15 minutes of fame. And, as you have seen, many of the protesters at these events are also a threat not only to those attending the conference, but to the immediate community and businesses. They don't seem to care that violence and vandalism will not further whatever their cause is, and they do some really stupid and destructive things. Crazy stuff.

Rob

Thanks

Don't come to Mexico, the army is always in the street lately. They are protecting us from the drug lords and the cops.

This message has been brought to you by La Secretaria de Turismo de Mexico.

NOT!
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law