Thread: Cycle of pain

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Cycle of pain

Do you guys notice a cycle of pain when it comes to lupus symptoms?? I have noticed I can go about 2 days full force with minimal pain and symptoms. At the end of the second day and the third day- I notice the extreme fatigue, joint pain (throbbing/burning), and aching. THEN- on the third day my body crashes! Sometimes meaning sleeping for 3 hours after work and going to bed early. Then I wake up the next day and I am good for a couple of days again. I have really noticed that my body falls into this cycle. Does anyone else experience this?? I can almost predict when my body will crash!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi lovemygirls2,

welcome to WHL! I definately have a cycle to my everyday symptoms (fatigue, insomnia, joint aches, rashes, etc). There are actually 2 cycles I find. The first is hormonal, more symptoms about a week or 2 before my female friend comes around. The second seems to be my schedule. I work M-F 9-5. If I am home the weekend before the work week, I am usually fine until Weds/Thurs or so and then I am more achy, fatigued then the beginning of the week, pretty much spend all day saturday resting and regaining energy and sunday I catch up with my personal life (laundry, cleaning, etc) or try to meet friends. By Weds/Thurs I am exhausted again. If I am busy running around the weekend before work (like this week) I am already exhausted on Monday, can't sleep well end up resting that night at home and Tues and Weds are low key. By Friday, I will be beat. When I get home from dog walking on Friday nights I usually will not go out that night and am so exhausted that I can't sleep till 2 or so and then the Saturday sleep ins start over again. It's quite frustrating, and I really try to eat well and excersize and rest (as I am up way past my bedtime typing this). Those things seem to help me break my cycle.
    Sandy

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I dont know if my neuropathy is a separate disease or if it is lupus related but it always comes on in may and then after a few months subsides and then the real fun begins with the lupus symptoms. the neuropathy and the lupus never exist symotaniously. thats why i think they are different. but my pattern is arthritis one night before neuropathy and then neuropthy for a few months and then fibromyalgia and migraine bouts for a few months usually with my periods or an infection. interesting how summer always brings it on. I am leaving vegas in june and moving to oregon for that reason.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i take methotrexate, and this is how my schedule goes...my shot on Monday, Tuesday is horrible, Wed Thrs and Fri are usually pretty good, Saturday and Sunday i start the downward slide and everything starts over on monday. one thing that i have noticed is that a flare usually takes me a couple of days to get over....the fatigue and achiness lingers after the flare is over.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Definitely do. The plaquenil has been helping some but if I push myself then I will crash and sleep for 20+ hours
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

Isn't that wild how we all have cycles our body goes through!! Crazy! On the days I crash- I could sleep 20 plus hours! Seems like no matter how much sleep I get- its not enough! It amazes me how I can feel so horrible one night- this last Monday night I was hurting so bad and felt so horrible I couldn't move out of the recliner but then today- a mere two days later...I am pretty good! That is so wild to me!! I wish I could figure out what if anything I am doing on those bad days to avoid!!! Wouldn't that be great!!