Thread: do flares go awy when sick?

Thanks

Default do flares go awy when sick?

i recently had the flu. feeling much better. i noticed that the first few days after my flu symptoms showed up that my arthitis almost disapeared. it came back when the flu started to subside. has anybody else notice this happen to them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjreeses View Post
    i recently had the flu. feeling much better. i noticed that the first few days after my flu symptoms showed up that my arthitis almost disapeared. it came back when the flu started to subside. has anybody else notice this happen to them?
    I have noticed that too. I think it is because now the immune system has something real to attack, instead of the healthy tissue.
    BTW, my flu just started saturday, I went to work yesterday, but today I had to take a sickday, my first ever. I feel miserable. How can you tell, if it is a cold or the flu?

Debbie

Thanks

Hi pjreeses,
    I noticed my typical symptoms clear somewhat when I have a cold, too. I think debbie-b is right, our systems have a real enemy to fight, so leave our "innocent" body alone!! So, there is a blessing in getting sick once in a while. Talk about seeing the bright side of things!
    Deb
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I haven't felt my symptoms get better when I am sick. They stay about the same, but have the additional illness to deal with. The additional illness is usually pretty severe.

Thanks

My symptoms worsen if I get sick

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello

Ive got the flu atm, and although Norma says my lupus is flaring, i dont feel it, only the sickness bug, its like when hmm u got a foot ache....then stub ya toe on the other foot u dont feel the pain from the previous foot.

Im going with Debbie on this one ure body is trying to fight off infection of the flu so u are not so aware of the lupus.

ISDM
    **The next or $ raised WILL be the cure for LUPUS**

☺☻If YoU gOt OcD aNd YoU kNoW iT....wAsH yA hAnDs☺☻

..♪♫**.❤.**☆.。.*✿♪♫**.❤.**☆.。 .*✿

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i can certainly agree with Debbie's theory about our crazed antibodies attacking the sickness and giving our bodies a break. However, i worry that the antibodies will continue to attack after we feel better, and thus send us into a flare.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Default I agree

Right now I have a cold and for the past few days I have not had any body pain what so ever. Its a blessing and a curse all at once because I am still dealing with the cold but luckily I have been pain free for two days...

I guess having a cold does have its ups...

Thanks

thanks you guys for your input.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I feel silly. I've never considered that's why. I'm glad this was discussed.

Sigh. I've been told so many different things from the different doctors I've seen. If confused were a color, I'd be it from head to toe, although thanks to all of you I'm getting wiser.

I talked to one rheumy about how i seem to catch bugs often and i suspected it was because of the autoimmunity all along. She said no, if anything I have hyperimmunity which protects me from sinus infections and the like...so I wouldn't have to worry about getting so sick. Understanding all of this is making me