Thread: Remission?

Thanks

Default Remission?

On Wednesday I went to see my Rumy. I got the results from my blood work. He was happy to report to me that my ANA went from 50 to 16!!! With that news, he told me that the lupus has gone into remission! This is good news but I still have been felling extremely fatigue and still experience body aches and pain. I wonder, is this all just apart of the disease? since this pain is just normal pain and not a flare, does this mean I will still be dealing with this pain although the lupus is in remission? has anyone her experienced similar things? I'd love for you all to share any stories with me. SLE is still new to me. i was only diagnosed 6 months ago so I still am not sure how flares, remisssion and regular body pain all works.

thanks
    Dee

Thanks

Humm..tests are not indicative in how we feel nor does a test indicate we are in remission. Your DR should know that. Many times my labs come back normal....and I feel my worse, in the midst of a flare. Did you tell your doctor you still feel pain and fatigue? Pain and fatigue is caused by inflammation in your body...so are you in remission? I don't think so, by definition.

Are you still on medication despite his recent evaluation of 'remission'

Have you been evaluated for fibromyalgia? It too could be responsible for pain and fatigue...

Hugs and love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Default hi oluwa

I did mention to my rumy about all of the pain and fatigue but he said that it was to me expected, having this disease. I am still on medication and he did want to put me on lyrica because he did mention fibro. the pain I am experiencing isn't nearly as bad as my first flare but it is uncomfortable and sometimes takes away from the things I need to get done.