Thread: out of shape, heart issues or breathing problems?

Thanks

Default out of shape, heart issues or breathing problems?

Hi evryone, hope everybodyis doing ok...I have a question about ,,,,Lupus I guess!
    I have been getting really, really tired lately, in the past year or so things are just not settleing down, I have a time with my breathing, sometimes worse than others, and lately really bad when I lay down at night, I have a pulminary/exercise stress test coming up...my respirologist wants to try figure out if my breathing is a heart issue, a muscle issue, heart issue or just that I have become out of shape I guess....I so want to do things, I have always been active and love the outdoors but now I hurt so much and I am so very, very tired that I find myself giving in allot....on the occasions when I refuse to I end up a lump in my bed the next day...i hate that
    So I'd like your opinion on this subject, what is it that hurts so in my/our chest? when i take a breath? What is it that keeps me so very, very tired?
    thanks Sandra

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sandra,breathing constraints appear to be a common symptom of lupus. I have seen many conversations here about limited breathing capabilities, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc....and yes, especially when lying down. However, you should certainly get this checked out, but don't be surprised if they tell you "it must be your lupus"....our favorite phrase - wrong.i have bad shortness of breath...everything just wears me out....it is worse when i am in a flare. Giving up the outdoor things that i love to do has been one of the hardest adjustments that i have had to make....it is so hard to remember what i used to do and now i just sit and work.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Sandra
    I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not, but this was one of my biggest issues, before finding out that I was sick. I went through so many tests, stress tests, ultra sound, 24 hour holter moniter, just a few to mention. I find that what helps me is not eating 3 hours before going to bed (lying down). I get rapid heart beats, and out of breath, mainly at night. Used to keep me up for hours. Now I try not to eat about 3 hours before bed, and things have settled down quite abit. It's worth a try I suppose. Hope you figure it out.
    Tammy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sandra,

I too suffer from the chest and rib pain, It's the worst upon deep breathing. Mine started with pneumonia and turned into pleurisy. It hurt so bad I couldn't move without holding a pillow for support. I had it for 21 mo. It was awful! I saw my GP she told me it was all in my head and told me to get over it. I told her it wasn't in my head and found a new dr. I am now seeing a internal medicine dr. He told me that the chest and rib pain is a symptom of SLE. I have found quite a bit of relief from a Tordol inj. in the behind. It takes a few days for it to kick in good but when it does you definately notice a big difference. So far it is the only way I can get mine to calm down for a while. It still hurts a little to take a deep breath, but not nearly as bad as before the injection. Try talking to your Dr. about a Tordol inj. It helps me alot! My Drs. won't let me work, I have been on Social Security for 8 yrs now. Hours are great but the pay sucks! lol.. I really wish I could work! I also have horrible fatigue! I want to sleep all the time, my body needs to sleep! I had thyroid tests done last week which came back normal. Dr. is still looking into the tiredness issue! He suspects that it because I am in a flare with my Lupus, and it runs my body down so much. But seriously everyone talk to your Dr. about Tordol inj. they work really good for my chest/rib pain. It usually gives me relief for a month sometimes more. Try it! I know how you all feel! It works for me!

Hang in there Sandra!
    We all Care

Thanks

Hi Sandra,

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. Glad to see others are able to give you good advice. As for me I get reaaly really tired when I flare and feel like I can barely breathe and if I try steps I have to rest because I'm panting harder than a dog Smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by smokerscat94 View Post
    Hi Sandra,

I saw my GP she told me it was all in my head and told me to get over it. I told her it wasn't in my head and found a new dr. I
    That's horrible glad you got another Doctor here is a B*%&%^ slap for that doctor Sometimes the doctors are not even worth the ink on their medical licenses. Can't believe professionals act that way. Sorry you had a b ad one glad to hear you have a good one now. Take care all!!!!
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

Chest pain and difficulty breathing was one of the things that got me in fr testing...turns out I had pericarditis, another common lupus thing.

Get it checked out asap...it was awful.