Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to site and wondering if anyone else this sick

Thanks

No tmeant to hijack the thread..but..

Dulcepiragua...

Have you hired a lawyer to assist you in appealing your SS benefits.

Attorney fee...
    There is a cap on his fees. If you're denied benefits he does not collect a fee. If approved he will receive the payment from the backpay of benefits..the date you applied...

An Attorney or Representative for a disability case is allowed to receive 25% of a Claimant's past due benefits. So, if a Claimant receives a back payment of $10,000.00, a representative will receive $2,500.00 as the fee.

The maximum fee amount an attorney or representative can receive, however, regardless of how much the Claimant receives in past due benefits, is $5,300.00.

Follow this link for autoimmune disease info at SSA... http://www.ssa.gov/disability/profes...mune-Adult.htm

Maybe the links below will yield some answers for you on the chances of being approved and the process. It isn't the official www.ssa.gov sites though, below......
    http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/ref...-pages-11.html

Hope this helps...
    Hugs,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello and welcome Nasalady also. I am so sorry what you are also going through.But between us all we will support you.

I know it seems like there is o light at the end of the tunnel right now,but believe me, that light will shine.Being sick and going through what we all go through is very scary,when once we were all active and social. Then one day its taken away.I am glad you are working,well done to you.But just take it slow.Keep posting,get it all off your chest.When our own friends and family do not properly understand us,we need to chat,scream,cry until we know 'someone' understands our pain and our fears.This is what WHL is for.All the members will always support you,listen,so dont be afraid to tell us all.

So glad you found us.Now you have people who will truley try to help you through this time. Keep strong and have hope.

love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    Hello and welcome Nasalady also. I am so sorry what you are also going through.But between us all we will support you.

I know it seems like there is o light at the end of the tunnel right now,but believe me, that light will shine.Being sick and going through what we all go through is very scary,when once we were all active and social. Then one day its taken away.I am glad you are working,well done to you.But just take it slow.Keep posting,get it all off your chest.When our own friends and family do not properly understand us,we need to chat,scream,cry until we know 'someone' understands our pain and our fears.This is what WHL is for.All the members will always support you,listen,so dont be afraid to tell us all.

So glad you found us.Now you have people who will truley try to help you through this time. Keep strong and have hope.

love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    Thank you Amanda....your message of support means a lot.

I really mourn the loss of the active person I was! It's so true that you don't realize what you have until you lose it....I remember taking my "good health" for granted.

I know I'm lucky to still be working, and I want to keep on working as long as possible. I'm the only person in our family with a job now...I'm so scared that I might have to stop working. I really don't know what we would do.

Still, I know I'm not the only one here who is/has been in this situation, and that's one of the reasons I joined this group. I know that I'll be able to learn a lot here from all of you.

(((hugs)))
    JoAnn

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Joan,

You know what.....someone once said to me after i was telling them how i missed my old life of travelling the world,out with friends,in fact just having friends then as they soon left when i got sick.But someone once said dont worry as god is in charge of what you will need.I took that to mean money,care,support.Im not very religious,but i know there is something.So far since being sick,it is true.I found this forum and now have support and learning every day.Ive not much money at all,but enough to live and cope with....i still do the lotto every week though ok no lucky nimbers have come up yet,but im still gonna try it lol.
    If i could turn back time,i wouldnt.Now after sickness,i am getting a little stronger,the loss of friends isnt so hurtful im getting used to being alone,i do see 2 friends maybe 2 or 3 times a year,but in the beginning the very thought of being sick and coping alone made me cry all the time i hated it.Now im such a better person and learning to understand everything that comes with an illness.And you know slowly im coping with it all.When i dont cope i come here and members show me another way to cope.There is always an answer,even when im convinced there isnt.
    Just take work slow as you can.Just think for today and not about next month cause ive tried that and like you said,you worry about the future then,stress makes you sicker.I know its human nature to think about the future,but im slowly learning to just live for the moment.That way i can cope better and feel not so overwhelmed with life.
    Yes we all mourn for our old life,but just because you are sick isnt the end of life.Its just slower thats all.Some weeks will be hell,then out of the blue a good day comes along,then a good week comes along.Always keep the hope.You have us now,so together members here will always help you.
    Ive waffled again lol.....hope you have had a nice day today.

Lots of love Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi joan, just checking to see if you are feeling better today....i am glad that you joined our family.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hello my name is Sophie, I am newly diagnosed with Lupus. I beleive like you I have had it longer. Some days I don't think I can make it another day. Beleive it or not I was just saying to myself this morning if I could find 1 person this sick I would make it through this.I would love to chat with you it is sort of nice to speak with someone that feels as bad as you do. I pray you have more good days than bad. My e-mail is dianemuns@yahoo.com, or facebook at diane muns

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    Hello my name is Sophie, I am newly diagnosed with Lupus. I beleive like you I have had it longer. Some days I don't think I can make it another day. Beleive it or not I was just saying to myself this morning if I could find 1 person this sick I would make it through this.I would love to chat with you it is sort of nice to speak with someone that feels as bad as you do. I pray you have more good days than bad. My e-mail is dianemuns@yahoo.com, or facebook at diane muns
    i meant to say that it would be nice to speak to someone that feels as bad as i do. Sorry

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oluwa;
    No such thing as "hijacking" a thread. Especially when you've provided such valuable information! Thank you for the research that you did to find this information and thank you for providing it here. I am so certain that it will be very useful to many of our members!!

Always
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sophie;
    You offer was so very sweet and I am sure that your first post was understood as such! Welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am fairly new to this web site but it has been a God send to me because i personally did not know anyone who had these dieases and the support and kindness is overwhelming and much appreciated. I am a walker but it is getting increasingly harded to walk as far and i rely on pain meds to get me there anymore but i do not want to give up so i endure the pain and also try to kepp up with my two youngest grandchildren. Welcome and glad to know you and i say my prayers every morning and have put the whole family of we have lupus on my prayer list so love and prayers Bonita