Thread: How did you finally get a diagnosis?

Thanks

Default How did you finally get a diagnosis?

What were your inititial symptoms and how long did it take to show up in labs?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi k2626,my symptoms exploded in 1996 with migraines, flank pains, joint pains, hands hurt all of the time, and swelling. my ana was positive at that time, and has remained positive every since. It was 2008 before my lupus symptoms were strong enough for me to meet the criteria for a diagnosis.hope you are having a good day.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for your response....with your pains, do they feel like stinging, zapping type of pains?I am just so confused and lost-obviously.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my fibromyalgia pain feels like someone is holding a lit cigarette to my skin.....it is an intense burning pain that is very specific in location.my headaches feel like an ice pick is being jabbed into my temples.my other aches are just that....my body aches like i have the flu.so, my answer is that i have all kinds of different pains, they come and go and hit whenever and wherever they want. YUK
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hiya. Was dx'd with lupus panels (ANA's) and skin biopsies. Showed signs and symptoms of SLE yrs before dx, but ANA's were always neg. before. Have peripheral neuropathy lots of tingling, burning, freezing, zapping nerve pain which IS associated w SLE although I always thought I had it as a complication from my diabetes. Hmmm. Rheumie thinks I have fibro but I say I don't. I don't have pain in all the points and it isn't sensitive to the touch, just achy pain, much more like arthritis I think..??? Best to u! Julie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi there, everyone is usually different. I had my usual bout of pain starting in july. when it had not gone away by the end of September I went to my GP. she ran blood tests for my sed rate. It was very high so she sent me to the rheumy. the first visit she gave me prednisone for the pain and ran 17 different blood tests. Next visit the results were back and she said lupus SLE. I get all kinds of pain.

sharp pain in my neck,
    pain like electrical shocks in my arms and legs and torso
    dull achy pain all over.

Like i said every one is different.

nonna

In the midst of a delemma

Thanks

I get the cornucopia of pain like most of us do.

sharp pains in toes, and fingers and my entire left foot shooting into my ankle and leg
    dull pain in neck, lower back, and arms and legs
    burning pain in mid to upper back through spine
    numbness and tingling in legs and arms, off and on, like the circulation is being cut off at the top of my leg or arm
    dull pain over both kidneys, mostly over right kidney

and then there is the acid reflux, the migraines, the pains in my shoulders from the calcified tendonitis, the pain from my heart symptoms that radiates into my back, up in my jaw, through my shoulder and down my arm

Im just a plethera of pain.