Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you use your debt card to make a purchase, then ask the clerk if she gave you back your card and she/he tells you that it is sitting right on top of the groceries you just bought. Incidentally, that just happened to me this afternoon!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrinkofWtr For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-28-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I went to fill up my truck today, and when I put my Citgo card into the slot on the gas pump, it just kept saying "see attendant". I went in and asked the fellow what the problem was. He pointed out to me that this is not a Citgo service station, and the station I wanted, is directly across the street. I just looked at the guy and said I'll be OK, really. He just laughed and said s**t happens.

Jeez, I've only been going to that Citgo gas station across the street for something like six years now.

You just have to laugh. I will be OK, really!

Rob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Nonna (02-28-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks to all who post on this thread, it makes me smile when I really need it

Thanks

I was talking to a customer yesterday and he kept saying, " What, excuse me?". I must have looked at him kind of funny and he said," you are talking to me in a foreing language, it sounds like German."
    As many of you know, I am German and I guess, my severe brain fog yesterday took over the conversation, in german.
    I didnt know what to say. I just said, " really, I didn't notice".
    He just laughed it off, but I was mortified.
    I have done to my husband before and he will just say," english please".

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

When you get out of the car and walk halfway down the sidewalk to the store looking for the keys just to figure out that you the car is still running with the keys in them! Thank goodness I lock it remotely with the keys or I would have been in trouble!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you lock your keys in the car in the ignition. This happened to me this morning before I was to leave for the hospital to get my stress test.

Thanks

I hate it when you can just feeeeeel it coming on. For some (unknown) reason, I am having a little flare right now...I have been doing better for a while, but yesterday I started aching, and this morning I woke up and could just tell I was....STUPID.

I hate stumbling through the day like that...paranoid about mySELF. Wondering what gaffe I am going to make next.

And I had to handle clients, too.

Oh well - at least the one I saw the most today does fundraising for autoimmune research - she's the one who helped me get in with my Rheum...so I know she understands, even if she gets frustrated with me sometimes... :-p

Blog Entries
    Thanks

SleepyIn Seattle, You are so right, You "can" feel them coming on. Usually with me by the time I realize that, I have already done something stupid.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkofWtr View Post
    SleepyIn Seattle, You are so right, You "can" feel them coming on. Usually with me by the time I realize that, I have already done something stupid.
    I know what you mean. Right before a flare, I can definitely feel the fog coming on.

My youngest cat (I have three) is named Fuzzy. Fuzzy likes to chase after and jump at anything that goes up a wall, be it a housefly, or the red dot from a laser pointer. I have a set of indoor blinds that separate the living room from my den. It looks like a solid wall, but it's just plastic strips. If Fuzzy sees a fly or some other target on those blinds, she'll run and jump as high as she can thinking it's a solid wall she's jumping against. Of course, she just flies right through it and disappears.

She knows that she just screwed up, but she still comes prancing back out from behind the blinds with a look that says oh well, I meant to do that. It's all just part of the show folks! Next!

When I say or do something that's really out there because of brain fog, I do my best to come back out from behind the blinds like that's what I meant to do or say anyway. Then I move on to another subject. Much of the time, people don't really notice. We know that we have brainfog, but for the most part, they don't. We're very conscious of the problem, but most people we encounter in our daily lives, have no idea. If you screw up and say the wrong thing, do what you can to not make an issue out of it, and then move on.

And think about this-I know many people who have no autoimmune disorders or any other condition that would make them have brainfog, yet they party all night, have a few too many, or otherwise by their own choice get no real sleep, and they end up showing up in the morning sounding and acting like they have brainfog too. They chose to do something that could compromise their mental faculties the next day, we didn't.

Fog Happens

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 03-04-2012 at 08:46 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (03-04-2012), tupelohoney (02-24-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I don't know if it is the regular fog or the CNS part that is affecting howy brain works but when things are "foggy" and I am talking to people if someone starts to talk at the same time I will "grab" whatever word they just said and say it instead of what I was going to say. Lol it usually takes me two or three tries to go back and get my word. Thankfully the people that I am around often understand and I usually try to stay away from those that don't know me well until things clear up a bit.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~