Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you actually remember something correctly but have to question whether or not you are really remembering correctly because you have gotten so used to not remembering at all.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

Nonna (08-18-2011), Saysusie (07-09-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have brain fog when...

You pour your milk on the waffles and drink the syrup

You constantly refer to actors/contestants on shows as "The one with the umm....thing..." because you have absolutely no idea what their name is and can't for the life of you remember any distinctive features besides something as simple as "they have that umm...hair and it's..dark, and they're like, really short?"

You spend 10 minutes spacing out at dinner with a huge group of people, because you're trying to figure out what Mexican dish is served with Masa sauce, and completely forget and accidentally ignore your future mother in laws questions. (It was Tamales)

You constantly put your underwear on inside out and don't notice until hours later when you're in the bathroom - OR until you're going to bed.

You take the time and effort to get up and walk to the opposite end of the house to get something in your bedroom, then find yourself standing in the doorway with no idea what you were doing or what you needed to get.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    You know you have brain fog when...

You pour your milk on the waffles and drink the syrup

You constantly refer to actors/contestants on shows as "The one with the umm....thing..." because you have absolutely no idea what their name is and can't for the life of you remember any distinctive features besides something as simple as "they have that umm...hair and it's..dark, and they're like, really short?"

You spend 10 minutes spacing out at dinner with a huge group of people, because you're trying to figure out what Mexican dish is served with Masa sauce, and completely forget and accidentally ignore your future mother in laws questions. (It was Tamales)

You constantly put your underwear on inside out and don't notice until hours later when you're in the bathroom - OR until you're going to bed.

You take the time and effort to get up and walk to the opposite end of the house to get something in your bedroom, then find yourself standing in the doorway with no idea what you were doing or what you needed to get.
    OMG so many of these I can relate to! My newest is:

You know you have brain fog when you go to feed the dogs and I grab the chips that my daughter was eating so I can carry them to the kitchen. I pick up the bowls and place the chips (ok, I thought it was the chips) in their space on the top of the fridge. I go to feed the animals and start cussing because one of the dogs carried the bowl off again! I FINALLY look up and see the bowl standing proudly where the chips should have been. No, I am having issues today LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bump this up, wishing I had a funny one to telling

Thanks

Red face *facepalm brainfog

You know you have brainfog when.... You spend ten minutes helping your daughter find the dogs lead, help them get ready for doggie training class, wave them off at the door, etc. Then five minutes later you go to let the dog in and spend the next half hour getting more and more upset because you're imagining your daughters face when she gets home and you've somehow lost her dog :/

Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you keep typing dog insteed of god, blend multiple words together (merriam webster would love them!) to make brand new ones that you have to teach everyone else so they can be hip and keep up with what your saying lol, and you just completely garble your speech (and typing) in general lol
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bump! For all new members, who i'm sure could really use a good laugh and similar stories to read. (:

This isn't really brain fog - just me being an idiot- but I was taking an epsom salt bath the other night to help relax my muscles, when I noticed a brown fleck in the water. Weirded out, I got up out of the water to try to figure out what it was...only to realize it was a freckle on my shoulder. Woops!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elo View Post
    Bump! For all new members, who i'm sure could really use a good laugh and similar stories to read. (:

This isn't really brain fog - just me being an idiot- but I was taking an epsom salt bath the other night to help relax my muscles, when I noticed a brown fleck in the water. Weirded out, I got up out of the water to try to figure out what it was...only to realize it was a freckle on my shoulder. Woops!
    LOL, I just spurted my drink all over my computer screen!!! WARNING: do not read this thread while sipping!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sonmak For This Useful Post:

giggle (09-26-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No we read this thread to smile and feel better at our silliness

Bump

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonmak View Post
    LOL, I just spurted my drink all over my computer screen!!! WARNING: do not read this thread while sipping!
    OMG that is too funny!!! I LOVED the laugh it gave. I do think it is a form of brain fog though. My brain is not as sharp on the uptake anymore so ride from the eye to the brain takes a bit longer to get right. You wouldn't believe how many times my eyes saw something "wrong". I must admit though... This is one of the best stories I have hear in awhile!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~