Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

LOL how many times have I done that

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've done it too. rofl.

Rob- My mom did the same drive-thru thing at Taco Bell. My dad had to go in and get it.

Here are mine...

continually forced to raise your hand for the question you forgot 3 minutes ago...Then forget again as soon as your called on.

Walk up to the teachers desk to turn in homework, follower her through the hallway to ask questions about that nights homework, and go home only to find out you still have the paper you were supposed to turn in.

Asking a foriegn student where they are from, where they graduated what their age is, etc. A look of concern appears on her face. Then you remember you asked all of these questions while you were still in class....Twice.

I was in the middle of a conversation with the same foreign student, and corrected her pronunciation. She was saying coat instead of quote. I'm wondering why she's trying to put a coat into her essay. Then she says *coat* right, and I look at her funny because I forgot what she was originally asking me. *I mean quote....

Claim up and down you've never seen the movie (despite it being in your collection for only lord knows how long), and realize at the end that you have seen it and it's gone from your least favorite movie to your favorite and back again.

Turing on a pot of boiling water for tea. Forgetting about to later find a cooking pot with hardly any water. Redo the water and boiling, then remind your mom that the tea water is done. Never mind that you'd set the pot of water on for yourself, and get nothing out of it for all the water that's been boiled out again. *Now we let my dad remember about the tea

confuse the size of a turkey as being the size of two chickens (Thought we were having turkey tonight AND on thanksgiving).
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

You know you have brain fog when...

You post on a dear friends facebook wall to say Happy Thanksgiving and the next day your 15 year old says "Hey mom? Why did you tell Kathleen "Happy Easter". LOL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know I have brainfog when I fill the coffee pot up with water, put the coffee in the filter, then fill the coffee pot up with water...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    you know you have brain fog when...

You post on a dear friends facebook wall to say happy thanksgiving and the next day your 15 year old says "hey mom? Why did you tell kathleen "happy easter". Lol
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    You know you have brain fog when...

You post on a dear friends facebook wall to say Happy Thanksgiving and the next day your 15 year old says "Hey mom? Why did you tell Kathleen "Happy Easter". LOL
    I have done that on wednesday at work, instead of saying Happy Thanksgiving, I told three customers, Happy Halloween.
    After that I just said, " have a nice holiday", I just couldn't think of Thanksgiving.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Saturday was quite foggy for me. Did too many things that were way out in far east fogland.

First (and this is quite stupid and scary really) - I washed my hands after putting hair product in my hair(the sink has a clog and drains very slowly) and then I dried them and picked up the hair dryer and started to dry my hair. Well, I knocked something into the sink and without thinking stuck my right hand right into the sink with the water still draining to retrieve what fell while I was holding the hair dryer in my left hand. Dumb dumb dumb!

After I finally calmed down from drying my hair I was about to go out of the house to go a swing dance and as I am putting my coat on I realize I never ate dinner. Kind of a big deal being that I am a diet controlled diabetic. Off came the coat and I instantly made dinner (thank goodness for leftovers!)

When I was leaving I couldn't remember if I was supposed to go up Rte 111 to Stonybrook or up Rte 112 to Smithtown. (I've been to this place too many times not to know). I couldn't figure it out and kept thinking it's in Smithtown so I have to go up Rte 112. I should mention the 2 exits for these roads are about 10 miles apart and rte 112 is farther from me. Well off I went to 112 and just before I get to that exit I realize I am supposed to be in Smithtown but Smithtown is off rte 111. D'Oh! Back round the highway cloverleaf I went.

Finally made it dancing. Remembered my way home. Almost forgot my dance shoes at the dance when I left but a friend saw me do that and reminded me. Woke up Sunday and was out of the foglands again. For a while at least...
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you put something by the door so you won't forget it....... then 3 hours later realize you did forget it.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

OK.. I have become an idiot! I wasn't an idiot before. I promise! I worked with lawyers every day legal documents and there was a period of time that I took a break from that and went to get my certifications from Microsoft so I could install networks and do computer support. I am simply telling you this to reinforce the "I wasn't an idiot" thing.

For several months my dryer has not been working properly. Being out of work I couldn't afford to have it looked at (thank goodness! More on this later) but I had tried everything to fix it. It would take about 6 hours to actually dry a load of clothes. I cleaned out the dryer vent. I even borrowed a machine from my neighbor to clean it out better. I did this again yesterday thinking MAYBE this time it would help. Nope. Nothing. Not only was this a hassle but it was costing me a TON of money on my utility bill!

Fast forward to today. I have clothes in the dryer and, of course, they are not dry. FINALLY I decide to look behind the machine and see if there is anything around the vent hose. It was COVERED in junk. I felt so smug as I began moving the machine (which I am sure I will pay for later tonight or tomorrow) in order to get the trash out. As it begins to move I notice that the hose isn't moving. It is laying on the ground. It is unhooked! Well THAT would explain all the hair and crap I kept having to clean out of the dryer! I should have figured this out months and months ago! I feel almost as dumb (but not quite) as dumb as I did when I figured out that I can change the titles of my own threads on here. LOL

Lovin' getting to know the new me (NOT)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, I would NOT call you an idiot, by any means. I mean, how many of us would consider checking the hose connection if the dryer were not working well. I think that I would have done exactly what you did. What's worse is that I DID. Only, in my stupidity, I balled and complained to my hubby about the dryer not working and the fact that I've done everything that I can to fix it, but it still doesn't work; and how we can't afford to continue to pay for a dryer that runs for 3-4 hours; for that money, we may as well buy a new dryer. So,,he buys me a new dryer. When the new dryer was delivered, the guys begin to pull the old one out and what do they find???? Yes, the hose is not connected..there is a ton of lint and cat hairs...they clean it out, hook the hose up and tell me that the dryer works just fine!!!!!
    My husband, understandably, is quite irritated saying that he asked me if I checked the hose and I said I did ("did I say that? when? Did I check the hose?). At any rate, his decision is to keep the new dryer anyway..but he is PISSED about having to give away a perfectly good dryer!
    So, sweetie, don't feel alone and pat yourself on the back for at least figuring it out before an unnecessary purchase was made!!! Now I AM THE ONE WHO IS AN IDIOT!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!