Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have brain fog, when at work you redo an invoice packet twice, deliver it; and go back to your desk and find you still left out the invoice and statement you were trying to add. You go get the packet and start redo #3. Finally after an hour it'sdone right. Mannnnn did I feel stupid......

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    You know you have brain fog, when at work you redo an invoice packet twice, deliver it; and go back to your desk and find you still left out the invoice and statement you were trying to add. You go get the packet and start redo #3. Finally after an hour it'sdone right. Mannnnn did I feel stupid......
    I hate it when brain fog happens during something important!!

Today's brain fog story is brought to you by...Kraft Mac N Cheese.

I've probably been making mac n cheese for at least 10 years, and, come on, we all know how easy it is.

Today, however, in the middle of making it, I completely forgot how.
    I seriously almost poured the cheese packet in with the boiling water. Thankfully, I caught myself...but I *did* manage to somehow completely submerge and lose my spoon and burn my hand.

And, I almost gave myself a papercut on my tongue. (Unrelated to mac n cheese).
    Been a very foggy day, haha
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Did you add the milk and butter? I always forget that part and just add the cheese

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Did you add the milk and butter? I always forget that part and just add the cheese
    I did remember! But I added too much and it came out kinda soupy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

LOL. I feel a lot better about my mishaps lately.

For instance...

I saw the door but I don't know why I walked into it. I saw it before I got there, but for some reason I kept going. Wham! Right in the kisser!

I put a pot of water on the stove to boil and made a mental note not to forget, ha ha...silly me. I suppose I haven't learned not to do that well enough yet. Nearly an hour later I smell something burning of course, I freak out, and it took me nearly ten minutes to figure out where it was coming from. I even felt the walls for heat! The pot was so volcano hot it was making popping noises. It was the noises that led dingy me to the problem.

And it was a nice pot too. Totally ruined! Now it's a fancy flower pot that my husband scowls at every time he sees it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Today in class we were talking about female heroes. I raise my hand all happy and when I'm called on I blurt the name. Asked to explain why I chose her, I blanked. I couldn't remember what she did! On top of that, I stayed after school to tell the teacher of a list of female heros that I'd written down (so I wouldn't forget). For some reason I mentioned John Locke. For some reason at the time I couldn't remember his name OR what he did! When I finally got out what I needed to say, the teacher asked "What does Locke have to do with corcoran"......I'd forgotten that too (family member being married to corcoran...took a few minutes to remember this too. I think the teacher is getting tired of my memory lapses almost as I am lol.

sorry, most of mine come from school....
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

bumpeddy bumpeddy bump.
    Dear moderators: Can this be stickied, please? *shiney eyes*

In other news. I was eating a brownie today, and managed to drop a few crumbs on my front. Yes, I know guys, this is hardly news, but bear with me
    So I went about my business, thinking I had gotten all of my crumbs off, when I noticed a crumb on my tummy. (This is the part where I tell you I had an exposed navel. *gasp* scandalous, right?) ehem. getting away from the point here.
    So I noticed this crumb and decided to flick it off... nada.
    So then I swiped my hand over it. .... nothing.
    I took my finger and went to smudge it away...and that's when I realized. ONCE AGAIN, it was a freckle.

Oh, the chronicles of me and my freckles *shakes head*. Such an idiot.

Thanks

You know if you have brain fog when you are doing a EKG on a pt and apply the stickers put all the info in the machine and then cant figure out why its not working only to realize you didnt hook up the leads. The guys said i wondered how that was gonna work lol im sure he was alittle concerned about the results but my coworkers got a real kick out of it

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok, I can laugh about this now; but Sunday it scared the heck out of me when I'd realized what I had done.

I went to my granddaughter's softball game. All prepared; got there, got my chair and watched the game. Feeling the heat a little; I decided I'd better go home. Where are my keys?????

You guessed it! I locked them in the car. Not only that! The engine was still running - the whole time I watched the game. Needless to say....... I was very angry with myself for forgetting my normal routine for getting out of the car. I always make sure my keys are in my hand so I don't do this.

Oh me, oh my!!!! What a day I had

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You know you have Brain Fog when you...
    Drive on the wrong side of the road
    Can never remember the name of the coffee table
    Shower but forget to shampoo my hair
    When I'm lucky that I remember my own name