Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Have Brain Fog When...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    You know you have brain fog when you look for the user name: YKWYHBF, and after searching the entire 291 posts, you realise that PaulaD just writes YKYHBF instead of writing it out in full: YOU KNOW YOU HAVE BRAIN FOG
    LOL It took me a while too figure it out too.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you realize you should be coloring the duck yellow, not blue. However, you know your meds are working when you don't cry over it like you did last time, and instead accept the duck in all its blue awesomeness.

Thanks

You know you have brain fog when you have to set an alarm on your phone to remind you to take your meds at 8pm then when your alarm goes off you can't remember why you set it. When you eventually remember you have to take your meds you go to the kitchen and forget what you went in for, get a drink and go back and sit down. 2 hours later you think "oh s**t, I forgot my meds". Then deciding to have a smoke, you stand at the back door mentally composing your YKYHBFW entry then walk back through the kitchen . . . forgetting to take your meds on the way! Don't worry though . . . I've taken them now!

Thanks

when you pour OJ in your morning coffe.
    when you put away the empty cat food can in the fridge instead of the recycling.

when you forget you had a phone job interview and get a message from the very perplexed and slightly annoyed interviewer.

i could go on.

Thanks

You know when you have brain fog....when your mashed out your brains with a right cocktail of drugs.

Thanks

You know you have brainfog when-
    you strain spaghetti into the sink, WITHOUT A STRAINER, yup right down the garbage disposal. All I could do is, follow the spaghetti with my eyes, going down fast.
    Off course, I had to cook a new batch.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

giggle (09-26-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Bumping this for my friend Ronnie
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As always..this thread just makes my day!!!
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default Scary Brain Fog

I was reading through these posts, identifying with a lot of them (I thought I was just getting dumber, what a relief! lol), and remembered one from a couple of nights ago...
    I heard my daughter get up about 2am and tinker about before coming into my bedroom,
    -Mum, were you cooking something?
    -No, not since dinner (earlier about 8pm)
    -Um, well you left the stovetop burner on!

Also, I sprayed the oven with cleaner last week, the kind you leave overnight (should have known then it wasn't gonna end well!) Completely forgot. Couple nights later pop a pie into the oven for dinner.... luckily the caustic smell coming from it let me know something wasn't right, sigh, takeaway again :/.

Wait, I'm not done.... lol
    as I was writing this I thought, mmm, better check the slow cooker (I'm determined to get dinner made tonight!) Not only had i not turned it on, but my beef goulash had no beef! Thank god for WHL, I'm really gettin sick of takeaway ;P

Thanks

oh oh, got another...

You know you have brain fog when the receptionist gives you paperwork to sign and you have to ask her whats the date, she tells you the 25th, you write it down and wait.... (looking desperately for a wall calender somewhere) She says of June, starting to look at you a little oddly as you surreptitiously count that out with your fingers ... Then that awkward silence when your pen hovers and she realises you need the year too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sonmak For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-09-2011)