Hello everyone,
I have been browsing over this site for the past week and I think it is a wonderful place for all who are affected by lupus. I was diagnosed with SLE three weeks ago after several years of symptoms. I get joint pains, fatigue and many labs have been elevated including anti-DNA antibodies of over 200. I have anticardiolipin antibodies and protein in my urine. I am waiting for appointments with the hematologist and nephrologist. I have 2 children, a 6 year old boy and a 6 month old baby girl. I also have 2 stepkids who are 12 and 14. I have a wonderful husband who has helped me so much. Today he took all of the kids to the YMCA where my son has a basketball game and after that they are going swimming, so that I can rest. I have been feeling really bad scince I was diagnosed and last night was especially hard. I was up 4 times throwing up. The past few days I've also been getting numbness all over my body. I've cried more the past few weeks than probably ever. I am currently not working, I stay home with my baby. I was a childcare teacher for 10 years and love working with children. I had been attending school before my daughter was born with hopes of becoming a kindergarten teacher, I now fear that teaching may not be a reality for me because of germs. I haven't started any meds yet because I am weaning my daughter from breastfeeding which isn't going so well, hopefully she will do good with Daddy today. I want to thank all of you guys for sharing your thoughts, feelings and fears. They have been helpful to me as I am sure they have been helpful to many others. My prayers are with you all.