Thread: Want Some Cheese With That Whine?

Thanks

Default Want Some Cheese With That Whine?

Yesterday, early evening, drove two hours to the cemetary to pay respect to DH's grandmother who passed in January 2009-yesterday would've been her 109th birthday (same as my daughter's). Got there at 6:00 and found the gates locked. Apparently, in Oakdale, CA, the punks have taken over the local burial grounds. Met the in-laws at an Italian restaraunt in Modesto (where, according to my cousin "everyone dies") and shared a celebratory birthday dinner for sis in law and father in law. Then we went to visit DH's uncle, who has crohn's disease, colon cancer and had a quintuple bypass a month ago, in a "rehab center". Uncle Arden was sleeping peacefully (read: sawing logs), so we chose not to disturb him and left.

This morning we got a call that Uncle Arden was unresponsive and on his way to ER. He passed away at a young 71. DH will be a pall bearer at his funeral on Thursday. So sad.

I made a lovely dinner of chicken piccata and pasta tossed with olive oil, parmesan and garlic-served it with a nice wine. Have been vomitting ever since.

I'm sick of throwing up! I can't enjoy food or a nice bottle of wine without throwing up and I'm getting p*ssed off!

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm just getting bummed about it all......
    Last edited by BonusMom; 09-13-2009 at 05:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default oh my

Im so sorry to hear of you sad loss and even sorrier to hear you are being so sick.I hope when you read this its stopped and you feel a little better.

Thinking of you
    Amandaxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Let it all out sweetie. Sorry to hear of your losses and am sending you and the fam. my deepest condolences. When it rain it does pour. I found it this week my dog may have a brain tumor and I have some unknown infection possibly in my kidneys, and marriage is shot. So my heart truly goes out to you and I understand please feel free to PM whenever you want.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi bonusmom,so sorry about your series of "bad things" that happend this past week. Yes, 71 is a young age, and i am sorry about your loss....please give DH my condolescences.oh, i would be p*ssed off myself....cook all of that incredible food, and not be able to hold it down....i hope this week is better for you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

AWWWWWW, so SORRY and im sending you GREAT BIG HUGS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry to hear of you loss, Bonus Mom. Then to be ill on top of that is a lot to bear.