Thread: Hello from another newbie!

Thanks

Default Hello from another newbie!

Just a note to say how thankful I am to have found this group. I am a 30 yr. old Mother of 2. I was first suspected of having Lupus in 1995 when they found anticardiolipen antibodies present in my blood. I have had many different symptoms ranging from chronic kidney and urinary track infections, potassium drop outs, joint pain and stiffness, migrain headaches and stroke like symtoms. Right now I am mainly fighting the massive fatigue and soreness plus I once again have a kidney infection. Yesterday I went to UIHC to see if there are any new options out there and they are doing some more tests next week to look for new lesions. I am really frustrated with the depression and anxiety that seems to plague me. I know a bad marriage does not help so that is my first obstacle. I look forward to getting to know you guys!
    xoxo MandeRose

Thanks

Welcome manderose. You have come to the right place for support and understanding. I can relate to the fatigue and depression. I think the more fatigued I am the more depressed I am (I used to be a very active and athletic person). I know feeling sick and tired all the time can also put a strain on a marriage. I have been married for 12 years and adjusting to my illness has changed a lot in my marriage. We have found a good therapist that we are seeing to help us with this adjustment.

Just know that we are all here for you if you want to vent about anything or have any questions. Take care.

Thanks

Welcome manderose!

We're all her eto support each other. We all understand the frustrations, the good days and the bad. You're among friends!

Talk with your doc about the stress of your marriage and about yoru depression. You may need to talk to a therapist, or a med may help you. Stress is not good for us, and dealing with difficult marriages is a stress you should not have to face alone! Depression is often more than just a bad day - there are chemical bases for it as well.

Many hugs dear, do take care and keep us posted on your ups and downs! Join in the postings with others as well, there is comfort and strength in shared wisdom, shared joys, shared challenges.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome Manderose:
    I am sorry to hear of your struggles, especially the relentless stress of an unhappy marriage. Stress is one of the biggest culprits in Lupus and my heart goes out to you for having to deal with it constantly.
    Please join us here often and allow us to help you relieve some of your stressors. We are here for you and you will find only support, comfort and kindness here!!

Best of Luck
    Saysusie